Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

imz

Reaction score
Hi would the below flat bottom steering wheel part number with airbag fit straight onto a S3 8L or would anything extra be needed?

Thanks

233e08a4b74f8f70bdf69e2931c33333.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typically most wheels fit the spline so can be physically bolted in to the car, however the airbag wiring usually needs adapting to fit and getting the buttons to work will be a whole world of fun.

With regards to the airbag, it'll depend on whether the wheel in question has single or double stage firing - the former is effectively just a case of splicing in the appropriate connector, the latter is more of a nuisance and not really something I'm qualified to give advice on given it's a safety-critical bit of that black magic electrical wizardry :huh:

To get the wheel horn and airbag is easy enough just two wires but to get the buttons working is a lot more involved a need a new canbus fitting and other bits wiring
That wheel is not recommended by the retro fit companies as getting the controls working is rather not possible or to much involved you want the one from a a4/a5 with mode button and a single stage 8v airbag

Last edited:
Awesome thanks for responses guys. Which A4/A5 model should I be looking from? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fitted One like this but you want one without an airbag so you can fit the 8v airbag
To get the buttons working I was quoted £500 plus vat but their isn't many diy guides out there so I'm not sure what canbus you would need

Attachments

• IMG_2524.PNG
    IMG_2524.PNG
    473.7 KB · Views: 93
IIRC you need the wheel control module from an 8P something or other precoded to do all the button stuff... later 8L's have canbus to the instruments and radio which I think is all you need but as mentioned info on this seems quite difficult to get hold of without a degree of financial and time investment

<tuffty/>