General common sense question.

PeteA7S/Back

Reaction score
Hi people. I have been looking for some roof racks for my a6 avant and so far been pretty busy looking on the bay and gumtree etc. Ive been looking on the parts database aswell for any others that will fit my model. While browsing though I have noticed there aren't loads of options for the closed rail cars like mine. My question is this if a set of roof racks is designed for closed rails and the feet of the racks can be adjusted on the bars then surely a set for an A4 Avant for example will fit as the holes and the rail are the same but with the width of the being different the adjustability of the feet will compensate for the difference. In simple terms will an adjustable set for a different model fit a range of cars with the closed rail system.

Audi roof bars are designed to only fit that model, there is no adjustment possible. Third parts systems may fit a range of models.

I've got a set of C6 genuine Audi roof bars for sale, as they won't fit my C7 :-(

There was a guy here also with he’s Thule roof bars and oem Audi box for sale.
Was tempted with quite low price but haven’t got where to store it so gave up.

He had it for he’s C6 or C7, can’t remember.

£50 with p&p from @B5NUT is also a cracking deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is good, I couldn't find any used ones when I needed them so I forked out about £200 I think it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk