Detailer's - London & Surrounding Area

Ed_rx7

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a good detailed in London or surrounding area

In South Wales I can if you’re prepared to travel ;) Totally OCD.

Check out detailingworld.co.uk for lots of local detailers along with examples of what they do.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Has anyone thought about having the car delivered without the dealer prep with all of the packing and stickers / film still in place?

Has anyone thought about having the car delivered without the dealer prep with all of the packing and stickers / film still in place?

Mine will be, that or they ruin it at the first go.

I plan on doing this... I did with my previous car and then arranged for my detailer to then take the car and give it the works

I plan on doing this... I did with my previous car and then arranged for my detailer to then take the car and give it the works

Mine is being taken to the detailer on a transporter.

Mine is being taken to the detailer on a transporter.

I’m not quite at your level there mate haha but nice work... mine will be an hours drive to the detailer on the day

I’m not quite at your level there mate haha but nice work... mine will be an hours drive to the detailer on the day

I only kicked up a fuss because I am planned to be getting Paint Protection Film, otherwise knowing my luck I’d get a stone chip on the way down.

Reactions: Phil3

It’s not far off of one really good front end respray. The thing is with PPF, it will stop chips.. it’s not a maybe. If I leave it, I will get stone chips. Certain things you can’t control, I can control the stone chips so I’m going to.

36k on mine, virtually zero stone chips. No protection at all.

TX.

36k on mine, virtually zero stone chips. No protection at all.

TX.

+1, you’re very lucky! I drive very carefully and stay well back, but if there are ever stones that fly up from the other side of the road they are all destined to hit the front of my car. All of my chips all except for 1 are on the drivers side.

Perhaps Nardo is harder than it looks!

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Had a branch land on my roof the other week. Took a lovely chunk out of the paintwork. What can you do...

The 3M PPF is fairly cheap to buy in strips - the professional ppf costs come in the custom kits and labour. I was thinking about getting a custom piece for the bonnet from the US and having a go at applying it myself or trying to get a film large enough for it from amazon etc and cut it to size.

Do you think it feasible to diy this? In any event, if you **** it up, you can just peel it off and bin it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 3M PPF is fairly cheap to buy in strips - the professional ppf costs come in the custom kits and labour. I was thinking about getting a custom piece for the bonnet from the US and having a go at applying it myself or trying to get a film large enough for it from amazon etc and cut it to size.

Do you think it feasible to diy this? In any event, if you **** it up, you can just peel it off and bin it.

You could DIY it, but anything you find cheap... isn’t the proper stuff.

It is the same 3M stuff - the cost is all in the pre-cut and labour. My thoughts are that, if you can diy it, you can strip the stuff once it becomes a bit tatty (which it will as you can't polish it out) you can strip it and go again.

Check out detailingworld.co.uk for lots of local detailers along with examples of what they do.
^ This
@Evil Diesel - I came close with my S4 when I collected it new in May 2105
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...lue-b8-5-audi-s4-black-edition-saloon.247421/

I was told the majority of the white transport film has to be removed as part of the PDI
Lets face it, if you collect it with all the transport film left on & there is an issue with the paintwork, will you have any comeback ? Just a thought ...

What I was thinking is that you strip the film at the dealer and then **** off with it before their YTS lads can lay into the paintwork. I agree that you have to clear the car from defects in the paint before leaving.