Dab issues

perry30sport

Reaction score
just bough Mrs a scuba blue 2015 A3 sline ands lovely. Great spec.

However the dab reception isn’t great. Keeps cutting in and out.

Any suggestions?
Software update?

Evening.

Have you got any electrical 'toys' installed in the car? Dashcams, trackers, etc.?

The RF from these seems to impact DAB terribly. Unsure why, but some cars seem to be quite sensitive to this.

I have a dashcam connected to the 12v socket in the boot, and a ferrite core on the USB lead helped significantly, bit I still get drop-outs. Disconnect the camera altogether and the signal is perfect.

Looking on other threads on here, it seems that even some gadgety plugged up front in the cabin can have an impact.

Maybe a starting point?

J

It does of course depend on reception. I gave up with mine because reception was poor in places around here.
FM is fine anyway.

No electrical toys (yet). Car is completely standard. i will be fitting a blackvue witness camera. i hav never had issue with blackvue in all my cars with DAB.

I’ve had DAB problems with the 2 channel BlackVue’s in the S7. Have had to mount the rear camera away from the glass to get any stable DAB reception.

Another trigger for poor DAB is that most plug in USB chargers will cause interference.

Also the DAB aerial amp can fail. Dealer should be able to diagnose. Had mine replaced under warranty.