Problem with new Sachs organic performance clutch

Mr Gav

Reaction score
Hi All

I am hoping somebody can answer me a question about my new clutch and why it might be juddering.

I had the Sachs organic performance clutch fitted and Sachs DMF at the same time as I had clutch slipping problems as I had it remapped.

As soon as I picked it up after the fitting I noticed it juddering a little at low revs but upon driving it more I noticed that when you pull off at low revs up a slight incline it does excessive juddering like an old van, especially in reverse.

The shop that fitted it say that this is normal because of the extra pressure on the clutch but surely if this was the case people wouldn't have them fitted, I know I wouldn't have.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quite often clutches are like this for the first couple of hundred miles. If there are any high spots on the clutch face or disc or some oil has found it's way onto the face they are like this. The last 2 LUK clutches I have had fitted on cars both suffered similar issues to this that cleared up after some miles had been put on the clock.

Reactions: Mr Gav
I hope you are right as obviously its not a ten minute job to have it checked.

Thanks for your help.

I have the Sachs 4 paddle clutch in mine and it took a little getting used to. On balancing the clutch it was sort of on and off, you could feel the paddles catching etc. I've also had a high spot that used to squeak/high pitch chirp when going in reverse and going down gears slowly. But after a while it went and I also got used to it, now the clutch is on 4.5k miles and is awesome @Mr Gav

Reactions: Mr Gav
Thanks for sharing your experience on this. This is why I went for the organic clutch as it feels the most like the stock one but it is still quite a lot heavier to press but it operates quite smoothly. Going have to get some miles done in it to see if it smooths out.

Thanks for the info. Done a couple of hundred miles and it seems like it is smoothing out now.

Do some launches etc and some high end gear changes/sprinted driving and it will sort itself out.

How have you been finding this Mr Gav? Mines booked in next week for the same sachs organic one.

If you don't mind me asking what is the price you have paid for the clutch and DMF inc labour? or anyone has replaced clutch and DMF? My car is a 1.2 s line.

Thanks guys

I'm not doing the flywheel, just the clutch itself and its costing £1000 all in. He reckons £300 if i wanted the flywheel too.

Its definitely a lot stronger and no problems with it slipping but it is a bit stiffer to press as you would expect as it has stronger springs. Wouldn't like to think I have to sit in a lot of traffic with it anyway.
It cost me about £1600 I think.

Do some launches etc and some high end gear changes/sprinted driving and it will sort itself out.
Worried about launch starts as I'm sure that is what knackered it the first time but it now gives me the excuse to have to do stage 2 to make the clutch upgrade worth while.

These clutchs are designed to take a spanking, and the increased power levels. I've done some serious launching (Not on a regular basis) but enough to think if it was a standard clutch it would be toast. The car 4 wheel spins and can leave H's on the ground and my clutch is fine. In my eyes mate if your prepared to modify etc then you should prepare for any expense/consequence of what happens with your motor. I'm not trying to preach mate, just drive your car how you want to drive it and enjoy it. I was the same at first once my clutch was in and I thought it was going to slip but it didn't, now it's even better and I love it. Enjoy it!

Will do. I think I can feel a stage 2 coming.

Reactions: MikeParkin
And the price of a normal clutch + dmf inc Labour? What do u think guys?

And the price of a normal clutch + dmf inc Labour? What do u think guys?
I was charged 10 hours labour @ £50+VAT per hour and fly wheel was about £450. Not sure on price for normal clutch.

I didn't change the flywheel but paid £800 for the clutch kit and labour. It's usually £550 ish for the kit and £300 for DMF then labour.

I wouldn't put a normal clutch back in I'd look at the different kits available.