Tdi tuning boxes

Furryhobnob

Reaction score
Hi guys, bought one of these from this forum, a crtd4, here's a link to it
https://tdi-tuning.com/car/audi/a6/...bft/crtd4-twin-channel-diesel-tuning-box-chip
Anyway I fitted it to my car and went for a drive on map 4 as recommended in the manual for 20km, there's 7 in total, the difference even on 4 is quite stark, car feels more powerful, and also sounds it too, does anyone have one of these fitted over a long period, any pros and cons to them? Would I be better getting a custom remap? Look forward to hearing peoples thoughts on them who have or have previously had one fitted, cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think that a remap is only about £200 - £250, so I would probably go down that route because I'm tight and the mapper is local to me.

I think that a remap is only about £200 - £250, so I would probably go down that route because I'm tight and the mapper is local to me.
Very true, the box is normally £350, but I bought it for £150 from here, so cheaper than a custom map, I've just put the box on number 6 out of 7, 1 for best economy and 7 for most power, and the car is a different animal to standard, I was hoping there was other people on here who use one and over a period of time to see if they still used it or had sold it etc

Ah, fair point, they seem expensive compared to a map, but better value 2nd hand :grinning:

Ah, fair point, they seem expensive compared to a map, but better value 2nd hand :grinning:
I'm not doubting a custom map would be better as it's done on a per car basis, this tdi box has surprised me though, I was half expecting no difference to be honest, but I was wrong