Cold Heater B7 3.0TDi Cabriolet

Andy27168

Reaction score
Hi Guys, not posted for a while, no need car has been perfect :smile new:
But I must have thought this to soon as several weeks ago on my daily commute on the M27 I got a red coolant warning flash up in the display and the car went into what I thought must be limp mode, but before I pull over the light went out and the power returned.
This happened several more times always at motorway speeds but the coolant light didn't always come on and I started to notice that the temp gauge was erratic sometimes not working at all and once temp went straight into the red.
Along this time the heater turned cold as well. I should also state that since I have had the car it has always seemed to be slow to reach operating temp. though this improved once I had cleaned the EGR Valve to air inlet pipe as it was completely blocked, also the heater temp has occasionally not responded to the what I select on the control unit display.
To try to fix the issue I decided to replace the temp gauge sender, water pump and thermostat, and while the front end was off I replaced both belts as the car has done nearly 130,000 miles and neither of them have never been replaced, and I have blown the heat exchanger through with compressed air (seems to be perfectly clear).
I then filled the cooling system back up bled it at the bleed screw on the metal coolant pipe at the front of the engine and pulled the heat exchanger pipe back to expose the hole and expelled all the air, but the heater is still cold though I do get a very slight temp increase in heater temp occasionally usually after I have just revved the engine up.
I should also say I have no VCDS codes when scanned.
Any ideas or thoughts to what to try next will be really appreciated.