wheels and suspension for s3

sleeksx

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

had an s3 for about 4months now and was thinking of getting some new wheels and lowering it as well.

Want to lower it on coilovers, but wasnt sure if i should go for 18's or 19's in rs4 replica wheels.

What are the advantages and disavantages of these?

Chez

Personally i'd stick with 18's. In my opinion they look better on the car and i also think the S3 handles better on 18's especially if your going for coilovers. 19's will also add to an already stiffer ride that you'll get with coilovers.

If you were really wanting 19's though, then go for them as it won't be dramatically different but i do still think 18's are an altogether better choice for the car.

Hope this has helped!

:rockwoot:

Thanks! Yea that is a great help and also what i wanted to hear. I just didnt wanna go for 19's especially if it ruins the handling.

Plus it saves me a tidy sum too!!!

Would you also go for the rs4's over any other wheels??

Thanks again:arco:

Yea i know what u mean and i wasnt going to, but for price etc it just seems to be the right choice. I wanted to go for a bbs wheel, the BBS CH is really nice. can you do me a deal :icon_thumright: ?!

Does that mean you think you can get CH's Damian? Any more news on the BBS issue?

I wouldn't bother with coiloveres - more expense and little extra gain. Bilstein dampners and H&R springs are a much better option.

And stick with 18's, but not reps!

hi, the reason i was going with coilovers was a package price of just under 1k. replica 18's and coilovers? does that sound good? been lookin at the CH's and they look a bit small compared with the rs4's, quite pricey too...

any other suggestions. i am really lost on what to get now!!!! :keule:

ChriS3 said:
Does that mean you think you can get CH's Damian? Any more news on the BBS issue?

And stick with 18's, but not reps!

I can yes.

There's nothing much to report Chris, BBS have been taken over by someone else and is still operating in the usual way. The delays that customers and suppliers are experiencing is because of all the trouble BBS have been having lately and also now the take over by a different body.

Your car looks awesome, but i do not wanna lose any handling so think 18's are going to be the best thing to do overall...

does having replicas mean the car is weighed down by much? someone said that reps are a lot heavier than normal...???

Anyone know of a car with 18 inch rs6's? sorry for all the questions, just wanna make sure i get the best wheel!!!

sleeksx said:
hi, the reason i was going with coilovers was a package price of just under 1k. replica 18's and coilovers? does that sound good? been lookin at the CH's and they look a bit small compared with the rs4's, quite pricey too...

any other suggestions. i am really lost on what to get now!!!! :keule:

Just because its a good deal doesn't mean the quality of the components are good. If it were Jamex coilovers and cheap replicas you'd be ripped off by about £200.

In reality, my CH's look alot bigger than my RS4s

Replica's are generally quite heavy wheels, unsprung weight is one of the key comonents to how a car handles, it was key in me choosing the BBS CH's, they are actually lighter than the standard Avus 17s.

I agree with ChriS3 i wouldnt go for coilovers, id opt for H&R's and bilsteins or the Ive heard good things about the Koni FSD dampers. In my opinion coilovers arent generally suited to UK roads, they are normally to stiff.

Thanks for that steve, btw think your car looks awesome!

Does anywhere know where i could get a good package price then for a decent suspension kit and bbs ch's???

Yea i think the package was for jamex coilovers and they sell the replicas for 500bucks... think ill scrap that choice now then!

Thanks for all your help guys, i think im definately on the right track now :icon_thumright:

sleeksx said:
Thanks for that steve, btw think your car looks awesome!

Does anywhere know where i could get a good package price then for a decent suspension kit and bbs ch's???

Yea i think the package was for jamex coilovers and they sell the replicas for 500bucks... think ill scrap that choice now then!

Thanks for all your help guys, i think im definately on the right track now :icon_thumright:

ive lowered mine on eibach springs and the height is spot on mate, il be looking for bilstein dampers soon thou. you'd be better off buying 2nd hand genuine wheels to brand new reps mate, you can tell a replica a mile off and the just look a bit cheap. I wish i went for BBS's now thou as the RS4's are everywhere! but im got my genuine RS4's cheap anyway!!
pics in my gallery on here mate

Speak to DPM for your suspension etc.. ive bought a few things off him now and cant recomend enough - top bloke - very good prices!

Ash

ive got 18" RS6 replicas on my 1999 a3 1.9 tdi

Cost £260 i think from Rochford tyres on ebay (just transferred my existing tyres from my existing RS4s over)

Problem is, it hasnt been lowered, and colour code-d yet so doesnt look anything like as gorgeous as stuarts s3!

The 18" RS4s do actually look bigger than the 18" RS6 ones though, check the below link though, theres a photo with 18" RS4s and 18" RS6s, and one of the car when i first bought it

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=526

In my opinion bbs RC & CH is the best choice for 8Ls :icon_thumright: (also the lemans but its to expensive)