Passenger door won't unlock

DanBastow

Reaction score
The passenger door on my Audi a3 8pa sportsback won't unlock it was at a point where I could unlock it using the handle on the inside now I can't open the door at all I've got a new locking actuator but I can't fit it without opening the door. I'm thinking I might be able to pull the door card away a bit and try and pull the cabled more than you can with the handle see if I can open it that way but wondering if anyone has had this problem before or if you have any better ideas on what I can do? Any help would be brilliant.

I had this, garage charged me £120 to fix it, you gotta code any electrical parts into the car and I believe the parts were roughly £50.

I've currently got this on the drivers side too so having it fixed at a later date so I can code in an MFSW. I have to lock and unlock all doors via remote then the drivers door seperately ha ha.

Not an Audi garage they want 150 just for the part. And I like to try things myself before going to a garage

Is pulling the cable not doing anything? Can u not take of the black cover and pull it manually?

Yh but I'm thinking it's your best bet to get the door open. You mentioned that the cable didn't do anything? Can you see anything wrong with the cable itself?

if i can get the door open i can replace the part as ive got another one thats the problem the door wont open. ive foloed the cable back to the lock its all fine and moving like it should.

If everything looks fine on that end I don't think pulling the lever may do anything. I hope u get it open. These locks are just *****. I got lucky and still had a chance at getting my door opened. But i feared what has happened to yours. The motor burned out in mine. So it stopped me unlocking it with central locking.Hats off to you getting the door card off on a closed door must have been a PITA. Screenshot 20171012 214927 Screenshot 20171012 214933

It was a pita lukely the previous owner must have had the door card off and left some screws out.

It's more than likely dead locked shut, in which case going to be pain in the ****. I don't know what else can be done except going to an Audi dealer or having NHN or Ash unlocking it for you.

Reactions: Shiz94
I've managed to unlock it using hammer and a mettle bar (If anyone's reading this for their car be careful and do it at your own risk because it worked for me doesn't mean it will for you) I put the bar agents the actuator and hit it with a hammer while my brother pressed the unlock button on the key after a few hits I herd it unlock and then pulled on the wire for the inside handle and the door opened. I then removed the two bolts holding the actuator to the door and unplugged it and then fitted one I got off eBay and it's worked so far it's only been a few hours since I fitted it going to refit the door card tomorrow
Received 1866387526709919
Received 1866406746707997
Received 1866387526709919
Received 1866406746707997

Reactions: Shiz94