A3 tdi quattro bkd /flywheel

gtirx2

Reaction score
First so sorry for a question that has proberly been asked many times before.
I have an A3 pd140 bkd sline quattro with the dmf rattle.
I am after a Sachs dmf and clutch kit and anything else I may need during the swap that anyone could recommend?

I feel really lazy asking this question but I have looked and I am getting baffled.

Really want the Sachs kit but seem to find prices vary from £300-£500 on ebay and not sure which is the correct one.

Am unsure if the Quattro needs a different clutch or if the clutches are the same between pd140 and pd170.

I am a hands on but and would normally do this myself but just don't have the time at the moment.
This will be in fact the first time I have ever taken one of my cars to a garage.

So I am hoping one of you guys will help me out and point me in the right direction.

I want to source the parts myself and don't mind paying the money just don't want my pants pulled down.

So if anyone with experience could point me in the right direction to which sachs flywheel and clutch kit I need and anything else I need and should change when I get the job done it would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks guys

It might help to post reg or VIN number so peeps can help you find the correct parts

I have ordered through darkside developments now so fingers crossed it's right,I did give them my reg and it is definatly a pd 140 bkd and told them it was 4wd.

I just can't get my head around what's different between the clutches.

A lot of ebay sellers list them as fitting all the 2.0 tdi but darkside have different part numbers and prices between a clutch kit for a bmn pd 170 and bkd pd140 and they are both a 240mm clutch.
Guess the dmf must be different some or maybe uprated on the pd170.

Interested to know the difference to be honest just out of curiosity if anyone knows?