A3 Electrical issue, immobiliser? Dash? Key?

CallumCS

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just wandered if you have heard of a problem I’ve got with my A3 1.9tdi special edition 2007. All the electrics work in my car except from the dash board and it doesn’t light up when you open the door either. The car starts first time every time still but dies straight away (can’t be a battery problem). Had a look online and it says it will do that due to the Immobilizer telling it to cut out due to another issue. Just wandered if it could be anything to do with the key lost its code etc (haven’t got a spare to test) or an immobiliser issue? Or maybe a clocks issue? All this happened when I left the car sat on the drive for a week so I haven’t used it for anything to go wrong since.
Thanks guys!

If no cluster then it won't stay running as the cluster is the immo, check fuses.

If no cluster then it won't stay running as the cluster is the immo, check fuses.
Checked all fuses and all seem fine, only ones I haven’t checked is the main wired ones as haven’t got my testers to hand but they don’t look burnt or anything.

Hi guys,
Just wandered if you have heard of a problem I’ve got with my A3 1.9tdi special edition 2007. All the electrics work in my car except from the dash board and it doesn’t light up when you open the door either. The car starts first time every time still but dies straight away (can’t be a battery problem). Had a look online and it says it will do that due to the Immobilizer telling it to cut out due to another issue. Just wandered if it could be anything to do with the key lost its code etc (haven’t got a spare to test) or an immobiliser issue? Or maybe a clocks issue? All this happened when I left the car sat on the drive for a week so I haven’t used it for anything to go wrong since.
Thanks guys![