Black badges

D-Lat

Reaction score
Quite fancy swapping out my chrome Audi four ring and silver S Line badges for glossy black versions to match the other black bits on my Black Edition.

Is anyone doing aftermarket gloss black four ring badges for the front of the B9? I've seen plenty on eBay for the rear but none for the front. Also, has anybody bought any glossy black S Line badges for the wings? I seem to be able to find plenty of matt black ones but no glossy black ones.

Hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction!

Quite fancy swapping out my chrome Audi four ring and silver S Line badges for glossy black versions to match the other black bits on my Black Edition.

Is anyone doing aftermarket gloss black four ring badges for the front of the B9? I've seen plenty on eBay for the rear but none for the front. Also, has anybody bought any glossy black S Line badges for the wings? I seem to be able to find plenty of matt black ones but no glossy black ones.

Hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction!
I plan on blacking mine out, possibly. I haven’t fully decided yet. If I do I’ll let you know.

I'd rather buy new bits than customise existing ones, firstly for ease and secondly, so I can put it back to standard when I come to sell the car in the future.

If anyone's seen anything I'd be interested to hear.

Very hard to re-use badges once they are off.

plastidip might be an option. Peel it off once you are bored

Very hard to re-use badges once they are off.

plastidip might be an option. Peel it off once you are bored

I did my rear black. Sanded down, etching primer and then gloss black paint. Came out perfect and went back on no issues.

Just have to take your time removing it is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JG220
I'd rather buy new bits than customise existing ones, firstly for ease and secondly, so I can put it back to standard when I come to sell the car in the future.

If anyone's seen anything I'd be interested to hear.
I plan to plastidip mine. Very simple to do and easily removeable.

I plan to plastidip mine. Very simple to do and easily removeable.

I tried that on some badges in the past and despite preparing at as well as I could and putting on 10 layers it peeled off at speed every time... Very annoying and didn’t want to mess around so just went the whole hog and painted the rear.

Hope it works for you though because I agree it’s a much better option for sure!

I tried that on some badges in the past and despite preparing at as well as I could and putting on 10 layers it peeled off at speed every time... Very annoying and didn’t want to mess around so just went the whole hog and painted the rear.

Hope it works for you though because I agree it’s a much better option for sure!

There’s a very good possibility once the car arrives I won’t ever get around to doing it. But even if I do, I’m tempted to only do the rear as I’d be worried doing the front would make it just look like the badge is missing.

Reactions: Daggerit
The front grille on the Black Edition is partially matt and partially glossy. You can kind of tell from the photo.

I think that a glossy badge wouldn’t look too out of place.

From a distance perhaps may look as though the badge is missing, but up close I think would look good.
e9a2581049e46ccf4731721e41bb2c20.jpg

The front grille on the Black Edition is partially matt and partially glossy. You can kind of tell from the photo.

I think that a glossy badge wouldn’t look too out of place.

From a distance perhaps may look as though the badge is missing, but up close I think would look good.
e9a2581049e46ccf4731721e41bb2c20.jpg

I’ve already got the removal tool. If I can get it off easily I’ll plastidip it back.

I measured up the four ring badges on my A4 and noticed that the fronts are the same size as these https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/252837203734. They don’t list the B9 as being compatible but wondered whether anyone had given them a go anyway given they appear to be identical in size?

FYI, the rear badge in this set is smaller than the standard one.

Whilst they might be identical in size you need to check if the rear badge fits the profile of the surface you will be adhering them too as they can be different.

Whilst they might be identical in size you need to check if the rear badge fits the profile of the surface you will be adhering them too as they can be different.
I think you also need to make sure the clips are in the same position for the fronts. Which I don’t think they are.

Yeah, I had read that so was wondering whether anybody had tried it?

I’ve not been able to remove my badge yet to check the position of the clips. The ones for sale on eBay look as though they have straight fittings clips (as opposed to angled ones).

Yeah, I had read that so was wondering whether anybody had tried it?

I’ve not been able to remove my badge yet to check the position of the clips. The ones for sale on eBay look as though they have straight fittings clips (as opposed to angled ones).

Would be cheaper and easier to use plastidip