08 Plate Pre-Facelift S3

Idrees

Reaction score
Website
www.id-workz.co.uk
Hi

I am looking to buy an S3 and have seen a Facelift S3 (MY09) registered in July 2008, therefore an '08' plate.

I've never seen this before as they're all 58 plate upwards.

Has anyone else seen an 08 registered MY09 before? Also how can I confirm it's definitely MY09. I guess I can check using the chassis code somehow..

Cheers, Idrees

Edit: Just noticed I made an error in the title. I meant to say 08 Plate Facelift, not Pre!

Last edited:
I though the facelift started from MY58 but they may have started coming to market just before the plate change over hence the 08 Plate - those in the know will confirm this. If it is 08 this it would be considered 08 year.

My MY61 is November 2011 but the 2012 year model.

Hi

I am looking to buy an S3 and have seen a Facelift S3 (MY09) registered in July 2008, therefore an '08' plate.

Has anyone else seen an 08 registered MY09 before? Also how can I confirm it's definitely MY09. I guess I can check using the chassis code somehow..

Cheers, Idrees

Edit: Just noticed I made an error in the title. I meant to say 08 Plate Facelift, not Pre!
Best call your Local Audi Dealership give reg and ask when first registered as they will tell you when left factory other than that read here ( www.theaa.com/car-buying/number-plates ) Hope it helps , if your looking to mod the front end you defo want a 09 shape

Hi

Cheers, Idrees

If you send a pm to our site sponsor @vag-tech he may be able to help you out with the info you need. :)

Is this the lovely one that's only done 10k miles that's on AT? Confused me as well.

Maybe they facelifted the front end themselves.

Thanks for the replies guys. The seller says its definitely a Facelift from factory i.e. MY09 but just registered early.

I have done a HPI which shows it was registered in July 2008. Every other Facelift I've seen is registered in September at the earliest.

I'll drop a PM to Vag-tech and see what they think. Failing that I'll call Audi.

PS. No it's not the one at AT, this is a private seller although it's good to know there is another 08 plate Facelift out there!

Thanks for the replies guys. The seller says its definitely a Facelift from factory i.e. MY09 but just registered early.

I have done a HPI which shows it was registered in July 2008. Every other Facelift I've seen is registered in September at the earliest.

I'll drop a PM to Vag-tech and see what they think. Failing that I'll call Audi.

PS. No it's not the one at AT, this is a private seller although it's good to know there is another 08 plate Facelift out there!
Depending on your budget m8 you will find a 09 / 59 or maybe a 10 / 60 if you look hard enough maybe with less miles too as S3's aren't holding the price they used too especially the earlier regs . Best off luck

Cheers mate. I was actually looking for a 335D as I've had a few S3's already however this one was a Stage 2+ at an attractive price so I felt tempted. I went to view the car yesterday and actually decided against it wasn't really up to my standards.