Saggy Headliner

griswold

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of re covering my headliner yesterday, what a job on a saloon
Can't believe I got it out! I think it grew while out of car too! real pain to get back in
Got some 2mm foam backed liner of ebay £18.50 2 cans of spray adhesive £6
scraped off old foam that was fun just rolled into sticky glue balls
I started with the rear first just to get the feel off sticking the new liner down as the rear light is only slightly raised compared to the large front light unit.
the new liner is thicker than old but good match to rest of car.
Quite pleased with how it turned out looks great now and not hitting my head now
Will keep the car a bit longer now

my range rover headliners sagging as well, problem is i'd be forced to use black material, as recovering the beige isnt going to happen, and then i'd need to recover all the pillar trims etc as well :p I suspect it would snowball wildly, so i've been ignoring it instead.

Did you take any pics? I have this job to carry out, albeit, not on an Audi but an old Saab 900 I'm restoring.

Cheers.
No didn't take any pictures but found a video on youtube that helped there must be one for a Saab
the audi headliner was surprisingly stick so a wire brush was the best way to get the old foam off

For the A4 I removed front and middle pillars and just pulled the tops of the rears a bit
once all handles, mirrors and lights are removed I left the little sunvisor by mirror till last to hold it up
the rear light has a metal frame with Velcro to attach to roof
it needs to be moved towards the front as there is a groove along the back edge of the liner and is also stuck to roof
you may need to slide your hand along or something long and flat to break the seal
the light units have a metal frame which needs to be removed but be careful as they are brittle

I must admit halfway through I was regretting it

my range rover headliners sagging as well, problem is i'd be forced to use black material, as recovering the beige isnt going to happen, and then i'd need to recover all the pillar trims etc as well :p I suspect it would snowball wildly, so i've been ignoring it instead.
Once you've had black you won't go back:blackrs4: