Not starting after Battery change.

BigCat

Reaction score
Hi folks. My A4 has been garaged for past 12 months with the occasional short spin just to keep things ticking over. My battery drained eventually & i charged it. Had hazard lights flickering problem when reconnected battery (In right order) engine started okay. Battery drained again from hazard light issue. Got new Battery, now engine will not turnover & only light I'm getting on dash is for ESP. Remote locking not working either. Is this likely to be immobiliser issue or problem with CCM. I've checked all fuses for ignition & fuses around CCM. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hard to call but I'd say your on the money with the CCM, guess it's hard to suggest this with it not starting but if possible it's probably best to get it scanned then take it from there, when my CCM went it was down to a garage fitting a new battery and the remote locking and windows weren't working either. I'd be really interested if anyone had an explanation for this as I will most likely be needing another new battery soon.

Hard to call but I'd say your on the money with the CCM, guess it's hard to suggest this with it not starting but if possible it's probably best to get it scanned then take it from there, when my CCM went it was down to a garage fitting a new battery and the remote locking and windows weren't working either. I'd be really interested if anyone had an explanation for this as I will most likely be needing another new battery soon.
Thanks DieselJake. My dash lights were flickering mad when ignition first turned on. Wondering if anyone knows if this is a symptom of module. I've already replaced the module a few years back. Going to have to get a mechanic out to scan it.

Worth a try.

Sit in car hold the unlock button & insert key in ignition, still holding button turn ignition to on for two seconds, turn off remove key release button, see if the car starts.

Worth a try.

Sit in car hold the unlock button & insert key in ignition, still holding button turn ignition to on for two seconds, turn off remove key release button, see if the car starts.

I believe this procedure is to re-sync the remote fob with the central locking receiver. It has nothing to do with unlocking the ECU (IMMO off).

Worth a try.

Hi Joinerman. Just tried your method. It gave me more lights on dash like normal startup but no ignition. So tried it again & now light is back to original ESP only. Still no joy but thanks for input.

Personally, I would remove the hazard light switch for the moment, charge the battery and see if it will start. With the car sitting idle for long periods of time I'm wondering if there's any corrosion build up on the battery terminals or even at the starter motor itself.
Dis-connect battery terminals and clean with a small wire brush, lightly grease with petroleum jelly and re-connect, any corrosion on the terminals can greatly reduce the amperage reaching the starter motor.
Finally, during low voltage conditions the B6 is famous for losing the key sync, sync with VCDS, usually you will have to delete any stored keys first then
sync the keys.
On my car I have to use channel 60 as mentioned in the article.