Creaking/Squeaking after lowering

M

Matt21385

As above, since lowering the car I am now experiencing a bit of noise over slight bumps in the road. It sounds like it coming from the front corners. Has anyone else had this problem since lowering there car and if so was there a cure or do I just have to live with it?

It usually happens when you tighten suspension bushes in a unladen position, try slacking off fasteners with the wheels loaded and re tighten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It usually happens when you tighten suspension bushes in a unladen position, try slacking off fasteners with the wheels loaded and re tighten

That could make sense as my mate done it using a 2 poster ramp. Sorry I'm a bit thick with terminology, are you meaning the 3 bolts in the engine bay at the top of the strut?

No, the suspension links, top strut bolts wouldn’t cause that but lowering the car would that’s why I suggest you release the suspension link bolts in the new lower position and then retighten

Ok, I'll speak to my mate about it. Cheers for that

Or is it something that I could do myself if I can work out exactly what part you are talking about? lol

Last edited by a moderator: