Facelift 3 or 4 years PCP with the New New S3 in mind

As soon as the new S3 is out you will want it ... just like the rest of us lol :)

If you get your new car March 18, the new S3 will easily be out March 21 possibly even 2020 so go 3 years.

God this thread started me thinking 4 years and now I'm back on 3! I guess no one really knows when the new S3 is going to show its self... Don't want be stuck with a hire car when I could have happily been in an S3 longer.

@The Challinor - Agreed. As long as your happy with the deal. Thats all that matters IMHO
You've got me thinking about the 335d x-drive's again mind ... :whistle2::D

Noooooo, not exciting, flat steering and handling just wasn't on par with the S3. Plus it has a handbrake haha

Sure, but how many people have actually handed it back (paid the excess mileage fee, etc.)? I'm sure you traded it in as a P/X?

Point being, it is irrelevant how your financed it (cash, PCP, HP, personal loan), you would have traded it in for the exact same value. So the only difference is the cost of the finance itself.

Typically you can save about £2/3k in interest by going with a decent loan or HP over a PCP. Dealers provide good rates on PCP and rubbish rates on HP, because PCP makes them more money, even at a lower rate. So if you can afford the higher monthly cost, you will benefit from a lower total cost over the term.

People discuss PCP as being great because it shields them from massive unexpected depreciation, but the reality is most people trade up before the end of the term, rendering the GFV pointless. Also, if Audi do offer them a rubbish trade in, they look at other ways of trading/selling it to maximise their return. I have hardly seen any examples of people just handing it back like a lease...? Maybe I'm mistaken though?

I've always sold them privately to be fair, the guy who brought my 8P S3 waited 7 months for the car after putting a £1,000 deposit down. I'd only hand it back if it struggled to sell, mainly down to my marmite colour choices lol.