drive shaft ******....

j4g3d

Reaction score
right i slammed my coilovered to the ground when i fitted them but got scrubbage as i was driving where the wheels were touching the plastic arch liner.. so i highered it so that theres no rubbing. but ever since ive done that ive got rubbing when i turnt corners.

I thought this was ok but i noticed the noise was louder when i turnt a certain way.

So today i checked behindthe wheel quickly and to my horror my driver side drive shaft has a HUGEEE groove in it all the way around so its about 10mm thinner where the bar(forgot the name of it) is directly above the dirve shaft was rubbing/grinding onto it(im guessing)

So do i need to higher this more? or is this another problem causing this? ive never read on the forums this problem due to lowering it so far down???? how much is a new drive shaft?

I've heard that on the a3 and golf mk4 you have to change the arb if you want to go really low. 60mm plus i think.

No, you need to change the droplinks to the ARB'S to clear the driveshafts if you go too low, think you need the Golf R32 items IIRC.

****** it i will just higher the car. lol.... thanks for replys tho guess i'll need to get the drive shaft sorted first because its alot weaker now being grinded away!!!!