Facelift S3 BE FL 66 plate - EPC warning light loss of power .. Not even 12 months old

Beaver02

Reaction score
Morning guys and girls,

so last night had some huge problems with my car.
Was driving home from work and after 15 mins of driving my car loss all power and EPC warning light came on.
With hazard lights on I managed to pull over to side of road. Turned car on again and the EPC light had disappeared, so I tried to drive on but instantly knew something wasn't right it sounded different and handled different when putting foot down a bit to 3000rpm the car would shake and stutter with horrible noises!!
I managed to get home and rang my audi guy, who told me to get the car in ASAP.
Took it in this morning for a quick test drive with one of the tech's, he managed to drive it for a bit and the car stalled, vibrated aggressively, made horrible stutter noises and got the EPC light back.
He said it could be a list of things but didnt look good.
So they now have my car :( it could be back with me by Monday earliest but I do have a RS3 that they have given me to drive around till then :)
car is 10 months old so well under warranty and at 10,000 miles
fingers crossed its nothing major.... will keep updated :)

All the best with this, let us know!

Very unreliable things these S3's... *sigh*

Feel your pain, hope it gets fixed soon mate. More importantly... hows the RS3? lol

Very unreliable things these S3's... *sigh*

Feel your pain, hope it gets fixed soon mate. More importantly... hows the RS3? lol

You'll always find that when you have a concentration of certain car owners in one group. They're just the same as any other car.

Reactions: Daveotto and SamP97
Morning guys and girls,

so last night had some huge problems with my car.
Was driving home from work and after 15 mins of driving my car loss all power and EPC warning light came on.
With hazard lights on I managed to pull over to side of road. Turned car on again and the EPC light had disappeared, so I tried to drive on but instantly knew something wasn't right it sounded different and handled different when putting foot down a bit to 3000rpm the car would shake and stutter with horrible noises!!
I managed to get home and rang my audi guy, who told me to get the car in ASAP.
Took it in this morning for a quick test drive with one of the tech's, he managed to drive it for a bit and the car stalled, vibrated aggressively, made horrible stutter noises and got the EPC light back.
He said it could be a list of things but didnt look good.
So they now have my car :( it could be back with me by Monday earliest but I do have a RS3 that they have given me to drive around till then :)
car is 10 months old so well under warranty and at 10,000 miles
fingers crossed its nothing major.... will keep updated :)

I had this in my s3, turned out to be an injector and a subsequent coil pack.

We're/had you been driving hard? It's a common issue in the high rev range.

Mine's mostly fixed but my boost has never been the same since...

Hope you get it sorted,
R

Hope you get it sorted,
R
Is your car stilll in warranty? If mine wasn't the same I'd be throwing it back at them telling them to sort it

Is your car stilll in warranty? If mine wasn't the same I'd be throwing it back at them telling them to sort it

Just gone into extended warranty after the issues I had with it.

Wrt the boost I got the usual "we can't find anything wrong", "characteristics of the car" and "likely related to your driving" excuse.

Essentially when I put my foot down (sudden change) it seems to take a big gulp, pause, then doesn't know what to do with it, then sorts itself out. During this stutter, the boost bar goes crazy.

Hope you get it sorted,
R

Cheers guys...

it turns out it was in fact the coil pack.
car was returned to be 2 days later.
no I haven't been driving it hard....
sad thing is I think I may be needing to sell her :(
myself and my partner are just in process of buying a new place and the money I spend on the car just isn't cost efficient anymore :(

BUT that RS3... OMG... that can shift!