Facelift Two minor but rather annoying issues - anyone have a fix?

1664Hatter

Reaction score
1. The selection button (*) randomly stops working. I have this set to change driver select as I'm sure most people have, but sometimes it does nothing with no rhyme or reason.. I start the car and it either works or does not. It's resolved by going back into the option to re-select the function from the menu

2. Spotify on car play - for some reason, I need to connect the phone twice to make Spotify kick into action. After the first connection car play works fine and Spotify will load and I can select a play list, but music will not play. I then have to disconnect and re-connect the phone for it then to play... I have an Iphone 6S.

Just minor problems but flippin annoying!

HAHA mine has the exact same problems :/

Your first concern has been addressed before (not sure on this site or another forum), basically you just have to wait until the MMI software boot up is completed. I usually wait until the engine rpm settles before making any selection on the MMI, which is 25-30 secs. in my brief time with the car have never had issues with the button.

Reactions: 1664Hatter
1. The selection button (*) randomly stops working. I have this set to change driver select as I'm sure most people have, but sometimes it does nothing with no rhyme or reason.. I start the car and it either works or does not. It's resolved by going back into the option to re-select the function from the menu

2. Spotify on car play - for some reason, I need to connect the phone twice to make Spotify kick into action. After the first connection car play works fine and Spotify will load and I can select a play list, but music will not play. I then have to disconnect and re-connect the phone for it then to play... I have an Iphone 6S.

Just minor problems but flippin annoying!
If you hold the star button you can reselect what it’s set to, not a fix though.

Re Spotify, make sure apple software up to date on phone. You can also go into connection Manager and reconnect the phone rather than unplugging it etc. Again not a real fix unfortunately.

Reactions: 1664Hatter
Your first concern has been addressed before (not sure on this site or another forum), basically you just have to wait until the MMI software boot up is completed. I usually wait until the engine rpm settles before making any selection on the MMI, which is 25-30 secs. in my brief time with the car have never had issues with the button.

On mine it doesn't matter if i wait 5 hours.
I always has to connect to spotify twice to get it working and the star button works ~50 % of the times.

Next week Audi will have a good list to sort out on my car :D