"product enhancement"

holly35

Reaction score
Just received a letter today regarding a "product enhancement" to be carried out.
After phoning ive been advised its a software update to the service intervals ,and is a plug in 1 hour job,which they can do while i wait.
Annoyingly it was released on 20 th Oct and my car was serviced on 27th,unfortunately although Audi released the info ,it take a day or two to get processed etc.I did ask when i left the car and the service manager did check and there was nothing at the time.
Its non urgent and can be done anytime.
Has anyone had this done and what exactly is the update?
There is no campaign ref or mention of safety issues etc or anything listed on my audi page,so i presume its rather minor.

My 2016 Avant 2.0 TDi S Line is booked in at the dealer for 18th December. I originally rang them regards the 66I9 ( S-Servicing Aerodynamic Trim) recall which appeared on myaudi, which I first read about on here.

Also asked them to look at:
- My cars bluetooth, as everyone I call says it sounds awful & I've tested with multiple phones.
- Flickering MMI screen has never been resolved, only occasionally noticeable dependent on ambient light levels.
- Incorrect external temperature occasionally wrongly displayed, has never been resolved.

On the phone when I was making the booking the person also noted my car needed the software update you mention regards the service intervals. This was complete news to me. The car goes back in June (lease finished) so I'm not too bothered, plus I pay something like £10 a month for full maintenance if I need a service before then.

When I previously enquired if the car needed it's first service at 12 months, I was told 'No' as it's on a 'long life' service interval. I only do about 7000 miles a year so I'm guessing I might return the car without even needing a service. I'll wait for the car to tell me when it needs a service.

If you do less than 10,000 per year then you should be on Fixed Service so oil change at 9,000 miles.
Upload 2017 11 16 12 57 17

Beat me too it but you should mean services at yearly intervals? You'd think though a dealership would know...

Reactions: RaZ A4
Same as yours ,think you took delivery just a few days before me.
I then had my service then before yours but no letter has arrived yet. I think I missed your sig as I read the post on my phone and they don't seem to appear in that..