A3 1.8 t with S3 ecu???

Danny

Reaction score
Hi new to this site but just out of intrest as i've been offered an S3 ecu, would this go on to my car and would it do anything?? I've read that someone put an S3 ecu on a A3 quattro and it ran with more power as well but they are 180 bhp as mine is a 150bhp fwd would it be the same?
Cheers for any help it's much appriecated:icon_thumright:

It would take some doing, immobiler needs rejigging to your keys etc....! Woudl be easier to just remap, you would need to remap the ecu anyway to suit your other turbo.....

I have heard this ECU used on some non 4wd cars as allegedly, the ECU allows some wheelspin if fitted to a FWD car, as it waits fotr the haldex to kick in..........hmmm, sounds good in theory, noit sure if its true though.

I'd say for you anything is possible, but why bother! Just get a remap on your original ECU.

Right then thanks for that. Would it still be worth buying this S3 ecu as its around £100 incase of future tuning eg bigger turbo, mainfold etc....:icon_thumright:

Proabbly not, if yours is ok, then any respected mapper can tune your to suit.

I don't think it would work at all on your car...

S3 has loads more sensors than your A3, the MAF is completely differant, the injectors are differant, the turbo is differant. Depending on year the throttle is probably differant!

Even if you could code it to allow the car to start there's no way it would be able to run the car.