Rear Bumper

hamski

Reaction score
Hi. I have done a search and can't see if this is already on here, but can someone tell me how I remove the rear bumper from my S3?

Thanks

Lift tail gate remove rubber boot seal around bottom above bumper carefull lift up plastic trim that goes under seal (says in manual to remove this completely but if carefull dont need to as if you do will need to be bonded down) about 6 hex screws under there best to leave one in middle whilst undoing others then undo the hex screws that go through the wheel arch liners into bumper I found it easier to remove both rear lights and undo the bolts that secure the trim peices under lights 2 more hex screws 1 above exhaust cut out and 1 other side that secure bottom edge of bumper and "hey presto!!" thats about it, to remove bumper from car best to get mate to help if someone near and handy can be done on own just get hold of each side where goes into wheel arch liners and will come out each side them pull away from rear.

Not changing it, but I need to refit it. The sides have popped out and I assume come off a guide?

You can usually just push them back in mate, put a bit of pressure on the bumper from the rear and give them a smack.

Or if they're out and down by the slot then just undo the torx screws at the wheelarch liner, pull the sides out, line them back up and do as above.

Dont be afraid to give it a bit of a hit from behind to get them back in