3.2 DSG REMAP ???

Wes G

Reaction score
Hi people, been wondering for a while if its worth getting my A3 3.2 remapped or chipped??? Went into the local REVO agent here in Norwich(Clive Atthowe Tuning) to be told that it is`nt possible because it has a DSG box? IS this correct?:think: Is it worth doing anyway??? I`m quite happy with the car as it is but was hoping to maybe improve on it a little? Thanx for any info:thumbsup:

I believe you really only get a worthwhile (value for money) improvement with the Turbos.
Certainly not with the 3.2 anyway.
Can't really see what it has to do with whether or not it's DSG.

Shame though :(

Of course I'd love to be proved wrong on this one.

If you don't have a turbo, don't bother... Unless you are ready to spend money on engine parts and blueprinting...

The gains of reprogramed ECU in a non turbo car are not a good value for money and nothing great.. eventually 20hp??

To get something out of your V6 you need to work on the air intake, fuel injectors, exhaust system, eventually get more displacement by milling cylinder, new lightwheigt pistons an conrods to increase rev range, etc, etc then change ECU to take advantage of those changes....

Bear in mind that you need a very good tuner to do this in the right way... otherwise you risk blowing the engine out. Something around £2000-£3000 should do something visible to your engine...

I prefer non turbo engines but they are not easily upgraded /modded unless your serious about it...

All of this is OK until you need to pass the MOT...

Pedro

A friend of mine chipped his N/A Alfa 156.
He'll admit there probably isn't a massive difference in power output,but he says the difference in driveability is enormous.
Much better throttle response,which makes it a much nicer car to drive.
Whether it's worth £400+ depends on whether you can afford it,but he's a fan.

Thanx for the info-i`ll carry on getting some prices & try to decide weather its worth doing or weather to put the money towards something else like some wheels in the summer???:thumbsup:

or a supercharger!

there are lots of charger kits out there for the 3.2's if you do a search!

There are Revo remaps for some V6 VAG engines (R32 inc DSG) so I'm puzzled by Clive's answer, I'll check with Kev at Revo and see what he says.

My 2.0TDi DSG is remapped with the Revo 2 stage map and it's brilliant (but I would say that!).

I've spoken to Kev at Revo HQ, there are a number of maps for A3 V6 3.2 (inc DSG), power increases are not huge (about 15bhp & 15lb ft) but the improvements in driveability are very noticeable. Give me a call if you need more info.

Cheers for that Mike-thats a great help, I`ll contact Clive again to explain and go from there,hopefully he will be able to sort it out?:)