Boost leak...help required...!

prel2000

Reaction score
Any ideas what could be causing a boost leak in my A4 1.8T (2002). The car just deosnt seem to pull fast enough when foot is down in about 4000-5000 revs.

I drove a mates 1.8T the other day and there seemed to be constant power at that rev range and he's isnt remapped either.

Thanks to all in advance...:icon_thumright:

I had this and found my Diaphragm in the diverter valve was split. Replaced with a forge Closed Loop Diverter Valve with higher spring pressure (because of remap) and was much better.
Good luck

Thanks for the reply.....
My car has also been remapped and I am also using the forge diverter valve. When you say higher spring pressure, is this a modification to the valve itself or is it how the valve comes as standard? as mine was just fitted as standard out of the box.

Thanks again for the reply MJC.

How did you determine which spring to go for? Mine has a star performance remap, i was quoted gain figures from 150bhp to 200 - 205 bhp. Which colour spring do you think I should go for?

Cheers:thumbsup:

I would check the Diaphragm is not split first , then replace with the lowest rated spring ( Green one ) and see how it feels. If you feel its still lagging a little put the yellow one in. You just have to experiment a little, you dont won't the spring to be so strong so it does not release the pressure either.

Hope this helps
Cheers