Allroad 2.7t wont start

hairyape1

Reaction score
Hi All,

Having an issue with my allroad, and just looking to sanity check and get some advice.

Sone background
- Car has an LPG system, it has had it fitted for ~150k and always worked flawlessly between lpg and petrol.
- Car has run well during my ownership, (last 30k) the only issue I ever have is sometimes it runs on 5 when it is first started, but soon runs properly and this only happens once every 6 months.

Car was running perfectly up untill a few days ago, I had noticed that it was taking a fraction of a second to start longer than usual and so had a feeling soemthing was up, but not quite sure what.

Then last night I started the car and it took a fraction longer, I then stopped for half an hour and jumped back in the car and it took a good couple of seconds to start, I then left the car for an hour and jumped back in and it wouldnt start at all.

I recovered the car this morning and set about problem solving.

Forums say 3 main things with these symptoms,

Fuel pump
Crank sensor
Coolent sensor

I checked the pump and there is a good fuel flow to the engine bay... but only checked flow, not pressure, so pressure could be low.
Plugged in vagcom and got one fault 17072 which is to do with the ECM power relay
At the same time checked engine speed block and temp block, engine speed went up to 120/min when cranking and coolent temp said 1C and it was about 0C overnight so these both seem logical.

I tried cranking with easy start a few times and managed to get it to fire once or twice, but not run for more than a second.

I am thinking a few things
1 is there sufficient fuel pressure?
2 could the lpg system be causing this issue?
Is the ECM fault related ... could well be as I have never had the fault before...

Please help, what should I try first...

Thanks

1. Can be
1.start with petrol.
2.fuel much injector to spray like iron spray. ( .)
2.1 injector cleaning.
3.make sure spark pluge has fire. or change to new or cleaning and fire test.
2.Can be.
audi it can fill E20 (I used and idle now 650/min few vibration ok) because hight volt spark. note little vibration. No need gas because after combustion have dust short your engine life .
May make sensor error.

report here.
best regard.

Attachments

• DSCF0432.JPG
    DSCF0432.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 131
Last edited: