Coming from a A4, first quick question

AndrewMD

Reaction score
Just ordered a A5 Sportback and it's due in March. First quick question!!

Do you need a separate sim card for the MMI connect features like I do at the moment in the A4 or can it use your phone data, or have a built in sim?

Thanks
Andy

Mine is a built in e-sim (S5) I think the A5 is the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks - Free I take it or do you have to pay £ per month?

Many thanks - Free I take it or do you have to pay £ per month?

If you get the tech advance pack (standard in the s5) you get a 24month subscription pre-paid

Not sure of the cost after the 24months yet

There is a SIM slot but it also has a built in SIM which comes with either 1 month or 24 months subscription (1 month if you don't get the tech pack, 24 if you do).

The subscription includes only access to the MMI connect functionlity (and online traffic) through the built in SIM. the Wifi hotspot costs extra in any regard.

However, if you put your own SIM in the slot, you can just use that for both MMI connect and wifi hotspot - and there's some good deals out there for SIM only plans (look at plusnet)

You should get 3. On the free but talk nicely to your dealer and they should extend to 12 months for free.

There is a SIM slot but it also has a built in SIM which comes with either 1 month or 24 months subscription (1 month if you don't get the tech pack, 24 if you do).

The subscription includes only access to the MMI connect functionlity (and online traffic) through the built in SIM. the Wifi hotspot costs extra in any regard.

However, if you put your own SIM in the slot, you can just use that for both MMI connect and wifi hotspot - and there's some good deals out there for SIM only plans (look at plusnet)

Should be noted the subscription with the s5 at least also comes with the wi-if hotspot

Should be noted the subscription with the s5 at least also comes with the wi-if hotspot

no way!! how much data?

mine has the hotspot, but the data connection costs extra unless you use your own sim