Bonnet release broken

jjhwk__

Reaction score
Went out this morning to try and start my 325d, battery dead. Anyway, got my A3 up close jump cables out and now the bonnet won’t open on my A3. The actual cable it’s self isn’t working, when I pull the handle I can feel nothing happen. It’s like the cable has become detached from the handle.

Double checked by feeling the cable while moving the handle and the cable just doesn’t move. Any advice??

Try to push down on the bonnet whilst someone uses the release handle, might work

Try to push down on the bonnet whilst someone uses the release handle, might work
Have tried this but it seems to be the handle isn’t connected to the cable at all, so won’t even pull the wire.

Be a case of trying to find the cable end and use some pliers

A week after I bought my s3 my bonnet cable snapped at the bonnet end. I spent a day trying to figure out how to sort it as I didn't fancy smashing my grille. In the end I found a small square hole near the top of the grille (or maybe slightly above it) I bent an old dipstick into a hook and fed it through and with a bit of wiggling and twisting and a good hard pull I was able to pull the cable and release the bonnet