Recall on aero parts

cocob

Reaction score
Just had my car in for a recall to remove and re-glue (with alternative glue) the two aero strips which run down the side of the rear windscreen (mines are gloss black). Has anyone else had this done yet? I am not sure if its for avant only.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Nope how do you find out about recalls ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My audi dealer (Perth Audi) sent me a recorded delivery letter asking me to phone them to book my car in as there was a recall on it. It was in today and the service department told me there had been a few cases where these parts had been coming loose and Audi are changing the adhesive used

Yep had mine done when I bought the car from the dealer in August, it's the two black aero strips on the Avant's glass hatch, they need re-glueing, if you go to myaudi.com then there is a workshop remark when its completed '6619 aero trim campaign'.

Capture

Just had my car in for a recall to remove and re-glue (with alternative glue) the two aero strips which run down the side of the rear windscreen (mines are gloss black). Has anyone else had this done yet? I am not sure if its for avant only.

Yes. And they screwed it up. So had to re-book. Took it in for another reason originally and got told there and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is another thread on this... Campaign 6619 or thereabouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
I had mine done a week or so ago. I just got round to washing the car and found that one of the trims is cracked and I also found traces of adhesive here and there (super hard black stuff). I'm not impressed and obviously the car will be going back...
IMG 0751

Had mine done a few weeks ago, the glue takes a while to dry apparently so wanted the car as early as possible and pick up as late as I could. On the day it was pouring down with rain so they called me asking if I could leave it until the next day to pick up.

Mine is a March 2016 and I did notice that the strip would pop up and need a hard push down every few weeks so wasn't surprised about the recall. The B&O speaker recall on the other hand seemed a little silly.

I had mine done back in December. The recall was highlighted when I logged into My Audi. It is the adhesive under the trims that was not strong enough but the trims don't come off nicely. The whole lot is replaced - well mine was. No issues.