Boost Valve?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was talking to one of my dad's mates over the weekend about getting more power out of my A3 TDi (PD130). I said I was thinking about uprating the turbo and he said I could probably just tweak the boost pressure on my standard turbo to get more power out of it that way. Is this possible / a good thing to do with the standard turbo on this engine? Once I've done this I'd want to get an uprated clutch and then go for a remap. Think with a tweaked boostvalve I could hit 200bhp?

but if I wanted even more than 170-180bhp from a remap (taking into account an uprated clutch) then what would my next step be (without spending loads) :S

If you want to go above 170-180 BHP then you'll need a new turbo, maybe a new exhaust system/downpipe, larger IC, the list can go on and on.

Ok, thanks for the replies everyone, I don't want to go off-topic asking about injectors in this thread so I'll start a new one I guess?

Toxik-Signal said:
How much extra power do you reckon I'd get from just fitting a FMIC before the remap ? :think:

If its got a FMIC already which my TDI150 had - then it will be sufficient for any remap & probably a big turbo conversion.