My new S3 Quattro Saloon (300BHP)

DeeGee68

DeeGee68
Reaction score
Hi All,

Been a while since I last posted anything. Picked this ‘Black Beauty’ up a couple months ago ☺️
AUDI S3 2014 saloon (300BHP) manual gearbox and only 14279 miles on the clock from Coulsdon Audi. I traded in my A5 2010 2.0 TFSI (211 BHP) for it. Dealer photo as now has my personal plate.
Has been to my good friend ASH at Audi Retrofits as going to have a few mods done. Yesterday I had footwell and puddle lights installed with Audi logo on all 4 doors ( suffer with OCD!
The car has the lower end SD based SatNav and I am looking to upgrade the AMI to the MMI to include the better screen, hard drive based SatNav and a few of the better ‘bells and whistles’ not included with the standard system.
Before anyone asks I will post photos of the work as and when done
I would also like to upgrade to Bang & Olufsen but only once the above is installed. I am looking to keep this car as I believe Audi no longer offer the S3 in manual....?

ATVB!

David

Went to see my friend Robert at Polimax to have the headlights, rear brake lights and windows tinted...... Coming along nicely

Attachments

• IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_1183.jpg
    IMG_1183.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 454
Reactions: Rodrigo Guida and Audi Bairn
Looking good :)

Reactions: DeeGee68
Just saw it on the other thread............ still looks good, congrats!

Nice!!

Any completed pics of the light tints?

Well Guys & Gals!
I took the plunge to retrofit the MMI (MIB 2) with the help of Ash at Audi Retrofits on 21/12/2017 and all I can say is WOW!!!! I had the screen, glove box module and centre console upgraded at the same time. All went well and it WORKS!!! I have Google Earth and all the features seamlessly integrating together. Unfortunately, I do not have a manual so am having to learn how to use the new interface by trial and error. I will no doubt have some of you direct me to sources of information.....lol. I bought a pay as you go sim from EE and topped it with 1GB of data for the Google maps etc and I am hoping to be able to use Audi Connect but am currently looking for the arm rest compartment with the USB connections. I believe this is a requirement for the phone to integrate with the car and opens further features but please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Before anyone asks, Ash did take videos of the system loading up and being used and I will post photos of the system soon as been busy with work and am working over the Christmas period. I am new to this technology but wanted the B&O system and was advised by Ash to upgrade to the latest (2017) technology so that I could also upgrade the B&O speakers to work seamlessly with it. I am currently looking for the whole B&O speaker package with amplifier and will get advice from Ash to make sure it is compatible with the new system.
I am not sure if anyone else on here has done this but if you have I would be grateful for any advice and tips as to what I can expect from the new technology installed in my car.

ATVB!

David

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Certainly in my FL, I have the phone on Bluetooth and an iPod Classic permanently plugged into the USB in the centre arm rest via its Apple charging cable. This means I can control everything from the steering wheel and the info and album art appears on the centre screen. I've got VC so I can also control from part of the main dash display if I wish too. If ou knew most of this already, apologies mate.

Certainly in my FL, I have the phone on Bluetooth and an iPod Classic permanently plugged into the USB in the centre arm rest via its Apple charging cable. This means I can control everything from the steering wheel and the info and album art appears on the centre screen. I've got VC so I can also control from part of the main dash display if I wish too. If ou knew most of this already, apologies mate.
Quick question please. What cable do you use to plug your iPod into the USB? I tried the white Apple cable but it wouldn't work and the dealer could not find an answer other than the iPod was too old!

Quick question please. What cable do you use to plug your iPod into the USB? I tried the white Apple cable but it wouldn't work and the dealer could not find an answer other than the iPod was too old!
He's telling you porkies mate. I've had my iPod for 6+ years and I'm using it in the S3 with its own original charging cable. Works fine. Only minor issue is that it occasionally starts from the first track on the iPod alphabetically rather than where it left off.

I will try it again over the holidays. It looks like the MMI can see the iPod but wont play any files! Weird. The SD card slot works a treat though!

I have the same issue with an old iPod. When plugged into the usb port using the original cable, the car recognises the iPod, and I get the Audi rings displayed on the iPod. Unfortunately it refuses to play any content.
So i just put all my music on a usb stick and connect this, which works fine and i get album art.
I have a FL, so not sure if that is the reason the old iPod does not work.

I didn't so thanks for this. I would have loved to have had virtual cockpit but unfortunately, it did not come with the car. I wanted the manual version so took a hit on the VC..lol. I do not have the arm rest connections so am looking for this (on eBay) as would like to have 100% connectivity with the new MMI installed. I have decided to keep the car for the foreseeable future and would like to 'spec' the car as much as possible...lol

Kind regards,

David

I am currently looking for the climate control and drive select in white to match the white centre console lighting as mine is red. Any ideas as to where I can get them given most parts second hand are not powered in their advertisements? Part numbers would be great if anyone knows what I need...? I have also been looking at possibly remapping the car but have heard that the brakes, calipers etc and strut bars would also need replacing for 'heavy duty' ones. Has anyone done this after remapping given that the car is potentially faster and therefore the brakes would need to be upgraded too to help in stopping the 'faster' car..??

ATVB!

David.

Hi All and Happy New Year,

As promised here are some photos of the 2017 MMI install done by Audi Retrofits

Attachments

• D43E7FBB-4FE8-4148-95AF-DFB7E8B9BB8A.jpeg
    D43E7FBB-4FE8-4148-95AF-DFB7E8B9BB8A.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 78F0FB4B-4638-4F9F-9536-5A99A09DC068.jpeg
    78F0FB4B-4638-4F9F-9536-5A99A09DC068.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 197
  • E2A0FB03-6DF0-4307-A4D4-C5D67CA43D5C.jpeg
    E2A0FB03-6DF0-4307-A4D4-C5D67CA43D5C.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 199
  • CDB1C849-216E-4D95-98D8-55711563F17E.jpeg
    CDB1C849-216E-4D95-98D8-55711563F17E.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 190
Reactions: Rodrigo Guida, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Going to add a few more bits to the MMI ie the multimedia connections in the arm rest and the GPS antenna for Google maps (additional). Will try to get some photos when the above is done. I am also going to update the dome and roof lights as they are currently the ‘yellow opaque ‘ ones and I want the Clear LED ones with reading lights

ATVB!

David

Apologies for the delay in replying... I paid £1200 supplied and fitted (worth every penny as going to keep this for the long haul)

ATVB!

David

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hi ALL!
Just a heads up, I have the arm rest MMI connection parts on order and have a secon GPS antenna for Google maps too and these will be installed again by Ash at Audi Retrofits. I will post the photos one fitted.

On another note I am looking to possibly change my anti roll bars (because I want to) to more 'robust' ones front and back and would like to hear from anyone who has done this with how this has improved the handling overall. I am not that technically minded but would like to better understand how the replacement parts improve the overall handling etc of the car. I am hoping to upgrade parts for better handling without going over-board spending £££....

Kind regards,

David

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Hi ALL!

I had the dome lights replaced with genuine LED ones front and rear with reading lights, all the interior lights upgraded to LED too. I had the GSM NOT GPS antenna fitted and have had the 2 X USB and line in installed under the arm rest. I have ordered the phone wireless charger for the arm rest and this will be fitted shortly. I am hoping to post the photos of all the work done so far soon. I also bought the B&O amplifier that goes with the MMI and will be looking to upgrade all the speakers to B&O soon once I find a good deal on them and will be getting the door cards to match with the B&O LED lighting too.
I have been looking to obtain some of the door handles with LED lighting and have seen some online so watch this space....

As always I will keep this thread updated as and when I have work done on my pride and joy.

ATVB!

David

Attachments

• DC7DF331-0BD4-43D3-A36A-B2E708923043.jpeg
    DC7DF331-0BD4-43D3-A36A-B2E708923043.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 113
  • D2B40658-F5B3-48E8-8402-81D9978FFE5A.jpeg
    D2B40658-F5B3-48E8-8402-81D9978FFE5A.jpeg
    947.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 29C1F2E5-9995-42E1-82ED-A11DED4F7EA9.jpeg
    29C1F2E5-9995-42E1-82ED-A11DED4F7EA9.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 116