Facelift FL Saloon Headroom Measurements

big residual

Reaction score
I’m trying to find out what the headroom measurement for a new RS3 Saloon that does not have a sunroof is.

I have the US measurement for with sunroof (36.5 in) but can’t find a ROW measurement for non-sunroof.

Maybe someone Google fu is better mine, or tell me where to email a tape measure :)

I’m trying to find out what the headroom measurement for a new RS3 Saloon that does not have a sunroof is.

I have the US measurement for with sunroof (36.5 in) but can’t find a ROW measurement for non-sunroof.

Maybe someone Google fu is better mine, or tell me where to email a tape measure :)

Tell me exactly where measurements taken from and to . ?I will go and measure mine .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am 6' 4" and have not even noticed an issue with the ceiling height in mine.

Presume with a helmet maybe an issue depending on your height. Anyhow ready with my tape measure .

Presume with a helmet maybe an issue depending on your height. Anyhow ready with my tape measure .

Correct -- the headroom's not terrible w/o a helmet, but w/ a helmet for the track there's not enough room.

Apologies for not saying this earlier, but I have a Mk7 Golf R that I track and a new RS3 w/ sunroof that I would like to track. For me, it's the headliner around the sunroof that's too low with a helmet. You could argue that's too low w/o if you can hit your head on it driving around town spiritedly, but who's quibbling?

I measured the RS3 and the R this morning. Here's what I measured -- with the seat in it's lowest position, I measured from the rear base of the seat surface (where one's *** goes) where it meets the seatbacks as straight up to the headliner as I could eyeball. So from the *** crack of the seat to the lowest part of the roof--on the RS3 this was the headliner surrounding the sunroof, not the glass sunroof itself. For the Golf, it was just the headliner because it blissfully has no sunroof.

On the RS3, I measured 37" (which is 0.5" more than the published spec).
On the R I measured 39" (which is 0.6" more than it's published spec).
While the measurements differed from the specs for US models but 0.5-0.6", the delta of approx 2" matches.

So what I'm hoping to find out is if an RS3 with the solid roof measures closer to the R measurement -- does it pick back some of this 2" delta.

Thanks much for the help -- this is all adding up to if there's any reason to consider making my RS3 one of the first US FL sunroof deletes.

ive sat in RS3 with standard sport seats and sunroof and my head was scraping slightly on headliner (same as in my PFL S3)....I am about 6'2"
if I can't get better headroom from speccing no sunroof and/or super sports seats its a no go for me....so in for results on this

Correct -- the headroom's not terrible w/o a helmet, but w/ a helmet for the track there's not enough room.

Apologies for not saying this earlier, but I have a Mk7 Golf R that I track and a new RS3 w/ sunroof that I would like to track. For me, it's the headliner around the sunroof that's too low with a helmet. You could argue that's too low w/o if you can hit your head on it driving around town spiritedly, but who's quibbling?

I measured the RS3 and the R this morning. Here's what I measured -- with the seat in it's lowest position, I measured from the rear base of the seat surface (where one's *** goes) where it meets the seatbacks as straight up to the headliner as I could eyeball. So from the *** crack of the seat to the lowest part of the roof--on the RS3 this was the headliner surrounding the sunroof, not the glass sunroof itself. For the Golf, it was just the headliner because it blissfully has no sunroof.

On the RS3, I measured 37" (which is 0.5" more than the published spec).
On the R I measured 39" (which is 0.6" more than it's published spec).
While the measurements differed from the specs for US models but 0.5-0.6", the delta of approx 2" matches.

So what I'm hoping to find out is if an RS3 with the solid roof measures closer to the R measurement -- does it pick back some of this 2" delta.

Thanks much for the help -- this is all adding up to if there's any reason to consider making my RS3 one of the first US FL sunroof deletes.

After owning a Golf R 7.5 i agree its the 'Taller' car and easier to get in and out of........

After owning a Golf R 7.5 i agree its the 'Taller' car and easier to get in and out of........
Is the 7.5 taller than the 7...? I know you love your sarcasm! ;)

Reactions: T-800
I am just under 6'4". There are at least 2 inches clearance - see pic

Attachments

• 20171215_094258 (002).jpg
    20171215_094258 (002).jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: PanamaS3
That’s promising. Still hoping to get some measurements, given the height and clearance needs for a helmet. It also seems that different people fit their height differently into a car based upon responses here and elsewhere where tall people report no issue and less tall people do.

Still looking for someone to help me out if they could with the measurement of a non-sunroof FL RS3's headroom.

IMG 6672 1

31pWcnc

Still looking for someone to help me out if they could with the measurement of a non-sunroof FL RS3's headroom.

View attachment 144157
31pWcnc
I have the standard seats , not the ones in your pic , if I put the seat base in lowest position ( not sure in practise you would leaves a bit of an angle ) I measure 39 inches from back of base to roof ( no sun roof)

I have the standard seats , not the ones in your pic , if I put the seat base in lowest position ( not sure in practise you would leaves a bit of an angle ) I measure 39 inches from back of base to roof ( no sun roof)

Thanks, Jonny—much appreciated. That’s the same figure I get for the Golf R.