A3 Insurance, what on earth is going on??

My RS3 renewal for 1 March was £375. A quote with LV for my new RS4 which arrives soon is £292. . Seems fair enough to me. Protected NCB, Euro Cover (to go with my proudly displayed EU plates), 15,000 miles a year, SDP and commuting. Legal Cover etc. I think as you get older 70+ rates increase but between 50-70 we are seen as a safe bet. Great on a £70k new car and Keyless too, one of my favourite options.

My 1.6tdi's insurance is up for renewal. Last year it was £480ish with £0 excess and 1 yrs no claims bonus. Just got a letter through from LV stating that even though i now have an extra years no claims bonus (making it 2yrs), the price for exactly the same policy will be increased to £875! haha! i mean its just a joke where they get these prices from! Small search on Money supermarket & Compare the market got me exactly the same policy but with other companies with quotes for £370. Dont settle for renewal prices guys, no matter how good it is! chances are there are cheaper offers out there. You get no points for loyalty!

My 1.6tdi's insurance is up for renewal. Last year it was £480ish with £0 excess and 1 yrs no claims bonus. Just got a letter through from LV stating that even though i now have an extra years no claims bonus (making it 2yrs), the price for exactly the same policy will be increased to £875! haha! i mean its just a joke where they get these prices from! Small search on Money supermarket & Compare the market got me exactly the same policy but with other companies with quotes for £370. Dont settle for renewal prices guys, no matter how good it is! chances are there are cheaper offers out there. You get no points for loyalty!

Holy moly. Never seen one go from £480 to £875 mind. That's madness but at least there's some cheaper ones on comparison sites. Where we'd be without them is beyond me else we'd all be skint.

Not quite sure what mine will come too, kinda scared to ring them and ask as I'm yet to change the insurance on mine to the A3, as it's yet to be delivered haha

Reactions: Ormesome
Not only are premiums rocketing they are also increasing the compulsory excesses and cutting cover in certain areas. My windscreen excess has increased from £90 to £140 and although I have a zero excess my compulsory excess has increased from £150 to £300. My premium has also increased from £467 to £670 and that is with LV. I have been on the comparison websites and they are all showing a medium increase.

Reactions: Ormesome
Face Lift S3 - Saga - £328 Fully Comp' .£350 Excess.
Must be me age !?

Reactions: GW1
Not only are premiums rocketing they are also increasing the compulsory excesses and cutting cover in certain areas. My windscreen excess has increased from £90 to £140 and although I have a zero excess my compulsory excess has increased from £150 to £300. My premium has also increased from £467 to £670 and that is with LV. I have been on the comparison websites and they are all showing a medium increase.

Same for me. Im with LV too. Maybe they are having financial trouble? other quotes on the comparison websites are cheaper than last years price I paid so my advice would be to shop around. Having said this, LV is the only company that offers 180days EU cover and £0 excess whereas nearly every other company that is cheap offer £0 excess but compulsory excess is around £150+ and 90 days EU cover which affects me quite a bit as I travel abroad a lot.

I have to say that where i am based in Somerset, it doesn't seem to be affecting the average premium increase as, like I just mentioned, the price with other companies is cheaper than last year.

Face Lift S3 - Saga - £328 Fully Comp' .£350 Excess.
Must be me age !?[
I had a quote from Saga and it was well above yours. I took early retirement and when I informed the insurance company they added 25% to my premium, they seem to think when you retire you become a bigger risk :angry:

Not only are premiums rocketing they are also increasing the compulsory excesses
I've just accepted the renewal from AXA, my compulsory excess is £50, for new customers it's £150!

Last years S3 renewal was £272, this years S3 if I'd kept it £400!!! The A5 when I changed in October was £322 (for the full year), now it £396.