B8 windows dont clear morning due on a up down swipe

B79MJW

Reaction score
My side windows front or back don't seem to clear the due on the outside on a cold morning with a up down of the windows?

You have to push on the glass slightly. Can't remember this being an issue on the b6.

Is it just me?

@B79MJW, take no notice of him. :)

I've had cars that didn't clear the windows as well as others on a downward sweep. I think it's pretty random to do with how closely the seal meets the glass.

Reactions: B79MJW
@B79MJW, take no notice of him. :)

I've had cars that didn't clear the windows as well as others on a downward sweep. I think it's pretty random to do with how closely the seal meets the glass.
Ha ha. Yeah all 4 of mine don't clear up or down. Seals all look good

Does anyone know the name of the part that clears the window as mine do not clear would like to get them fixed

As the rubber gets older it starts to harden up, most of my cars have done this on anything over 5 years plus.
I find it just as quick to clear all the glass with a spare blade that I keep in the boot. (The sort you use to clear off the excess water after washing it before anyone freaks out)

As the rubber gets older it starts to harden up, most of my cars have done this on anything over 5 years plus.
I find it just as quick to clear all the glass with a spare blade that I keep in the boot. (The sort you use to clear off the excess water after washing it before anyone freaks out)
Still would like to know the part so i can replace them does my head in them not clearing

Have to admit that it's always been one of those things I've wondered about, especially on the older cars as they do get a bit faded and start to lift in the corners..

There is some stuff that you can get that softens the rubber a bit, it is great for the door seals as well plegiflughstaff or something like that