Winter Pack?

nokiauk

Reaction score
Looking again at an A4 in the new year, trying to find out info about winter options. My last few cars have had winter packs comprising heated seats, headlight washers & heated windscreen jets.

As far as I can tell I'll get heated seats in the A4 as I'm looking at Sport or S-Line, seems the headlight washers are an option which I'll not bother with as they waste water.

So what about the heated windscreen jets? Are they Std. on the range or not available at all?

Looking again at an A4 in the new year, trying to find out info about winter options. My last few cars have had winter packs comprising heated seats, headlight washers & heated windscreen jets.

As far as I can tell I'll get heated seats in the A4 as I'm looking at Sport or S-Line, seems the headlight washers are an option which I'll not bother with as they waste water.

So what about the heated windscreen jets? Are they Std. on the range or not available at all?
Heated screen washers are standard mate.

They are, but I really wish they would fit a heated windscreen as a factory option. It was listed as a £400 option in early brochures and I had it added to my order. Unfortunately Audi just quietly dropped it which is a shame as it's available on other VAG vehicles...

Thanks both, are they standard on Sport or just S-Line?

They are, but I really wish they would fit a heated windscreen as a factory option. It was listed as a £400 option in early brochures and I had it added to my order. Unfortunately Audi just quietly dropped it which is a shame as it's available on other VAG vehicles...

I have come from Land Rovers with heated screens, with the recent frost I have found the electric heaters to be just as efficient with the added benefit of in car heat and none of the pschycadelic lines to contend with at night. That said I do suffer with the screen ‘filming’ over and I wonder if that is a by product of the electric heating?
It should certainly be an option though.

Probably similar screens that I have had on my ford and on our fiesta, called quickclear, however they've never bothered me. I think the ones fitted to VAG vehicles are made differently http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/01/vw-silver-heating-shroud/ called filament freeI just find it a pain, yes and I know it's only a few minutes, to wait for my screen to clear after my partners fiesta has already gone a few miles down the road...

Last edited:
That said I do suffer with the screen ‘filming’ over and I wonder if that is a by product of the electric heating?

Inside of screen needs cleaning more than you're used to? I get that, I think there's something in the plastic of the dash that's leaching out and fogging up the screen.

I find my a4 seems to need cleaning the inside of the windscreen more often than my mk4 mondeo...

The A4 screen does indeed need a lot of cleaning, yes I have heard that the plastics leech chemicals and are the cause.

I really miss the heated windscreens on my last three cars - a very small gripe, but when there was three weeks of iced screen each morning recently one that I noticed every day!

(this may also be due to the fact some ****** nicked my favourite scraper :) )

The A4 screen does indeed need a lot of cleaning, yes I have heard that the plastics leech chemicals and are the cause.
I would say there is probably less plastic inside a A4 than a mk4 mondeo though, having had both. It does seem that the interior pollen filter of the A4 isn't as good at filtering out some particles...

Reactions: RaZ A4
20180928 87 VH 73 ViaVerde nova 1

@cuke2u With HUD you get the heated windshield.

Big problem is there is no "window" for the highway free pass device. I had to seal mine and fit it behind the front bumper.

Last edited:
Thats news to me as I know it is a special screen with the hud but only to make it more reflective which causes those issues.
Also the screen has a special shape to it:
" To avoid ghost images, the windshield and its safety film have a special shape. The driver assimilates the images of the head-up display extremely quickly."

Last edited:
EXTRAS e CARACTERISTICAS INGLES 8
@cuke2u + @Soot1e

Sorry I was wrong, the heated windscreen I have it not linked to the HUD PR. It's a different PR nummer.

My apologies to all.

(I would gladly trade my heated windscreen for a useful PR, never had negative temperatures, not even close)

Reactions: cuke2u
No worries, I cannot talk as always making a mistake myself as well...

Reactions: Filipão