Facelift God Bless the 5 cylinder demon!

kayeng

Reaction score
Hello all,

Ordered in July, delivered in November..took me a while to get it the way I want it (almost). Order configuration included most of the bells and whistles excluding CCB and Active Driver Assistance. Also opted for the non-staggered wheel setup since I have no intention of tracking it and everyday handling performance is more than enough for me. Replaced the wheels with HRE FF04 19x8.5 ET47 10mm spacers all around. Very pleased with the look and the stance. Ceramic paint protection by Feynlab using their Heal Plus compound and 3M window tint. The only thing left for me to do is plasti-dip the emblems black.

Hardly had a chance to drive it and clocked little over 400km. Plan to stick to the 1500km run in period and the car keeps reminding me to stay under 5500 RPMs. I find the sound quite addictive and since I don't have the PFL as reference, I find it loud enough, specially in Dynamic considering I'm not pushing it yet.

Couple of issues which will be looked into very soon: Pano sunroof rattle when titled up and driving over bumps. Second is the much discussed exhaust rattle at start up (realize there is no fix from AUDI yet but just want to log in the complaint anyway).

Absolutely loving the car so far...no plans to modify it in any way, got that out of my system with my previous Mk2 Leon FR running REVO stage 2.

Driving with a grin every single time and that grin will get wider once the shackles are off.

130615-b6a36011863f595ccc8c412220d61823.jpg

130616-52c998d084d12cfc66e7b89901b42e0b.jpg

130617-0439aad0eb27916b5d566fdd3f62a715.jpg

Reactions: Macintosh88, Terminator x and teslaboy
sounds nice.....got any pics?....or as we say here..."it didnt happen" lol

Reactions: teslaboy
@kayeng use Tapatalk for image uploads - it’s an app if you aren’t aware of it.

Re you sunroof - I had this issue on my S3 - they replaced the sunroof frame under warranty took about a week. Apparently its a big job.

Glad your enjoying the car mate, what made you choose CCB if you don’t plant to track it as I thought most people select this option when ordering them?

Glad your enjoying the car mate, what made you choose CCB if you don’t plant to track it as I thought most people select this option when ordering them?
i haven't..i excluded that option

@kayeng use Tapatalk for image uploads - it’s an app if you aren’t aware of it.

Re you sunroof - I had this issue on my S3 - they replaced the sunroof frame under warranty took about a week. Apparently its a big job.
yikes..have read somewhere its just a matter of tightening a mount bolt when the sunroof is all the way open. hoping for a quick fix when i take the car in next week

It tells you to keep it under 5500rpm while cold, once you get a tiny bit of temperature into it the warning goes and this will last forever.

It tells you to keep it under 5500rpm while cold, once you get a tiny bit of temperature into it the warning goes and this will last forever.

I’ve seen this on dealer cars too - the Rev limit - why does it only show on The RS3 and not the S3? I know the engines are difference before anyone says anything. I’ve ordered one lol

I’ve seen this on dealer cars too - the Rev limit - why does it only show on The RS3 and not the S3? I know the engines are difference before anyone says anything. I’ve ordered one lol

I think it’s something Audi are bringing back. I know the B7 RS4 used to limit the revs. But it’s annoying on the RS3 for the following reasons;

- It goes within a minute or two of driving, even before the coolant gauge displays anything let alone oil temp so is useless and doesn’t stop damage to the engine.

- 5500rpm is still wayyy too high for a cold engine limit, mine doesn’t go above 3000rpm until it’s hit 80 degrees.

Reactions: KKOG and Dodgygtr
finally got around to re-upload the pics..been swamped with work and not even had time to drive enough to get thru the break-in in mileage. can't wait to access the entire rev band
124030 01
181157 01
181236 01

Reactions: Evotion, Radford212, seanick and 10 others
Stunning!

Reactions: kayeng
I have the same problem with the panoramic roof. it rattle over speedbumps when it´s open.
Audi technical have listen to that and say it´s the chassi flexing.... I don´t buy that. My PFL didn´t rattle. @Spinestorm - maybe it´s like you say. not a easy fix, must replace the frame... Let see what my dealership will say about that....

Beautiful. Which rims are they? Size?
Thanks
HRE FF04 Tarmac 19x8.5ET47 wheels with 10mm spacers all around..really happy with how the wheels look on the car. AUDI really needed to offer all black alloys! And I can't praise the HRE team enough.

I have the same problem with the panoramic roof. it rattle over speedbumps when it´s open.
Audi technical have listen to that and say it´s the chassi flexing.... I don´t buy that. My PFL didn´t rattle. @Spinestorm - maybe it´s like you say. not a easy fix, must replace the frame... Let see what my dealership will say about that....
I'm waiting to break in the engine and then plan on an oil change. That's when I will log in the exhaust and sunroof rattle wit AUDI...hoping there's an easy enough fix

Rattling panoramic roof was one reason for not getting it plus the additional weight of course ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

HRE FF04 Tarmac 19x8.5ET47 wheels with 10mm spacers all around..really happy with how the wheels look on the car. AUDI really needed to offer all black alloys! And I can't praise the HRE team enough.
was the spacers necessary, or for the aestethics?

Car looks mega!! A nice set of springs would finish it off nicely! :)
Thanks!
Don't think will be modifying the car in any way other than a drop in filter. I guess the springs will settle after a while and the stance may improve

Reactions: jimojameso