Suspension popping and creaking

MPP

Reaction score
Since changing the shocks and springs I've had this popping and creaking from front left, right is fine.
Checked all the bolts, no play in anything. Covered it all in WD40.

Anyone got the torque settings for control arms etc, so I can double check everything.

An other suggestions? driving me crazy

Silly question but when you tightened everything up did you do it with the suspension under load or just hanging down at full extension?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MPP
I had one last summer where it was the insert that had come loose in the carrier where the bottom ball joint sat did a job on it pressed it back in and all has been good since.
Good luck

Silly question but when you tightened everything up did you do it with the suspension under load or just hanging down at full extension?

May have been just hanging.
Will try putting it under load m loosening the bolts and re tighten.

right hand side is fine, they weren't done and same time due to weather so cant remember if I did anything differently

I had one last summer where it was the insert that had come loose in the carrier where the bottom ball joint sat did a job on it pressed it back in and all has been good since.
Good luck

Will double check but defo sounds like its coming from the top.

May have been just hanging.
Will try putting it under load m loosening the bolts and re tighten.

right hand side is fine, they weren't done and same time due to weather so cant remember if I did anything differently

All sorted.
Loosened the bolts, jacked up suspension and retightened.

Reactions: carlcall