S3 engine in a3

MfkerHR

Reaction score
Hi i have quick question for u guys.
I have a good oppurtunity to buy s3 engine 220hp naked engine only engine without agregats turbo etc

My question is can i mount it to my a3 without problems. now its 1.8t 150hp mark AGU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bare engine is more or less exactly the same as you have mechanically...

Depending on the engine code of the S3 engine there are a couple of subtle differences but they won't make much in the way of any difference to fitment

All S3 engines are small port rather than large port so ideally you would need a phenolic transition gasket to step down from large port inlet to the small port head, later AMK/BAM engines have a VVT tensioner that you can't take advantage of but you won't need to swap it as it will just work in its default position..

There is no advantage to swapping the engines realistically... bottom ends are mechanically the same...

Whats the reason for the swap?

<tuffty/>

My current 1.8t burns oil low compression etc 320k km on clock

Ah... ok... makes sense then :)

Treat it as a bare engine... swap relevant parts over (sensors, coolant hard pipe etc) and job done... prob worth considering doing the rods if you plan for power too

<tuffty/>

Yes i plan to chip it. But my question is will i get more power with s3 engine or not since its 1.8t k03 turbo

Yes i plan to chip it. But my question is will i get more power with s3 engine or not since its 1.8t k03 turbo

Its exactly the same engine dude you won't get any more or less power out of it than you would your AGU... if you bolt it straight in it will be the same as it is now power wise

<tuffty/>

Thanks i understand now why. Silly of me asking this

You aren't the first and won't be the last mate to ask mate :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: MfkerHR