8P Concert Radio Crap

ashwales

Reaction score
This is my 2nd 8p Audi now, both had Concert head units, first car was spot on, good sound no issues, this one the radio works half the time, signal is poor, checked the strength via the hidden menu, when the signal is strong its strong and works ok, but the 2nd I go into town or built up area it starts to suffer, what could it be? I have tried using the AUX adapter but it sounds even worse.

Last edited:
What years the car, single or double din, auxin factory or aftermarket, cab, 3 or 5 Dr?

If aux is an issue too, then kind of dispels the antenna being an issue, needs diagnosing without speculation.

If aux is an issue too, then kind of dispels the antenna being an issue, needs diagnosing without speculation.

Could I convert the double din to a signal din and put in an after market CD player?

I’ve got a good media system for sale that slots in as a direct replacement for the 8P if it’s of any interest? It’s also DAB compatible and has TV tuner, built in sat nav, DVD, Parrot etc etc if it’s of any interest

@ashwales why not consider upgrading your headunit as there are plenty about which will fit into a DD . Or get your wiring in the back off your Unit checked to see if the wiring pins are all in the correct holes

Reactions: ashwales
What you could do is upgrade to the symphony 2 if you have a tight budget as there cheap as chips and they have the quadlock system plus 6 cd changer built in