Avant coilovers

ben whetnall

Reaction score
Hi guys I think I already know the answer to this but I have a fwd b7 a4 avant and I have been offered a cheap set of very expensive coilovers but they are for a b7 s4 so my question is will they fit in pretty sure the fronts will but unsure on the rears ?
Tia

I believe the fit is the same, the spring rates differ depending on what engine though and Quattro or non Quattro as the weight distribution and overall mass is different.

I’m sure people would be interested if you couldn’t make use of them ;)

Not too bothered about spring rates as they are coilovers anyway so are updated might just buy them anyway if they don't fit post them up for sale :) cheers

different variants use different spring rates even if they are coilovers , coilovers will only control ride height and spring rates do vary, Quattro's and avants use much stiffer springs even if they are coilover springs, S4 will have the stiffer rate springs which will work on other variants but you may notice it on 2wd variants.

Yea, by spring rates I don’t mean it will be stiffer. Everything Rob has said is true. What it will affect most is your traction and handling, for the worse not the better.

As has been said above the spring rates will be different for S4 than other variants. The S4 is very front heavy, it's 150kg heavier than the 3.2 v6 which is exactly the same bar the engine, and the v6 is 95kg heavier than the 2.0tdi.

If you don't want them/they don't work out - i'd be interested in them for my S4.

Ok no worries cheers guys think I'm just going to get them regardless and see what happens cheers :)

Reactions: dubcool.pc