Rear Wiper Temperamental

Datastorm

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've noticed an issue developing with the rear wiper on my 2015 A3 2.0 TDI, which is still under warranty until March.

Recently when engaging the wiper the arm moves but sometimes stops and freezes at some point in the arc of motion. The only solution I've found is to toggle the wiper off/on again to free it up. The blade is fine and there doesn't appear to be anything impeding it's movement. I've noticed this to be more apparent the first time the wiper is used from a cold start.

I'll mention this to Audi when I take the car in for it's 3yr brake fluid change and MOT, to get them to investigate before the warranty expires. Just wondering if anyone else on here had experienced similar?

My gut feel is the motor or mechanism is sticking in some way. thanks in advance for any advice that can be shared.

Jeff

Very common VAG problem - one of the first problems I fixed on mine when it was 4-years old! Design issue, water leaks from central shaft into the motor causing erratic behaviour and subsequent failure. You need a new motor.

Reactions: Datastorm