Damaged Wing Mirror on my S3

James__S3

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help me. My neighbours friend knocked my mirror when reversing past my car. He owned up to it straight away and will pay for the part so no hard feelings:blownose:. There's no damage to the outer casing or mirror, even the electrics and heated mirror still work. But it no longer sits securely as if the hinge that holds it in place is broken.

I'm a bit of a novice here and I've been informed by Audi there are essentially 3 parts to the mirror; the glass, the silver casing and the bottom section that contains the hinge, electrics etc. Does anyone know the part number for this bottom section? I'm also looking for some help in replacing this section as i'll be doing it myself. So any advise/videos/instructions would be greatly appreciated!! :help:
IMG 20180102 163837 922

Thanks,
James

Last edited:
Press the glass in at one side so you can get your fingers behind the other side and generally pull the glass it should pop out then you should be able to see the part number but be warned if the hinge has gone and needs replacing all the door and window carriage has to been taken apart

Reactions: James__S3
Might be worth having a look at this as it could come in handy ( )

Reactions: James__S3
Thanks for the response guys. I've been so busy with work this week I haven't even got any further with this. I won't lie, that video has made me a little nervous about how much has to come out just to get to the door mirror :sadlike:

I'll try and get the mirror off first and go from there. I'll keep this thread updated as I go.

Thanks again :friends:

Hi James,
On my 2004 A3 there are 2 small phillips screws on the underside of the casing. Undo these and the bottom bracket can be gently unclipped and removed. This might grant you some access to take a look inside.
Be careful taking the mirror off - no forcing it.
There are two wires connected to the rear of the glass towards the top left of the glass (but on the back, obvs), so careful if you remove the glass that you don't damage the wiring. They're only press-clipped on but they'll provide some form of resistance if you try to just take the mirror off.

Having said all that you're mirrors might be completely different to mine.