1.4 COD no longer available for new builds

JohnM100

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
As of 19-Dec-17 the 1.4 COD 150 PS is no longer available for new orders in the UK. Cars ordered with 1.4 COD 150 but not yet built would get the lower spec 1.4 125 PS instead.

Apparently this is due to manufacture of the A1 winding down ahead of the model refresh towards the end of the year.

John

I just noticed this as well from looking at the current brochure and configurator. No chance of us getting a run out model to replace our BE then :-(

But at the same time they have added the 1.0 TFSI to S-Line and Black Edition trims.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they have dropped the 1.4 COD 150PS on the A1 to help ease the long delay on orders for the new Seat Leon which is apparently due to not being able to build enough engine to meet demand.

Reactions: JohnM100
I'm hoping they will launch the new A1 with the new 1.5 COD engine...

I ordered mine in November 2017 lucky enough I got one of the last ones. It will be in the new model no doubt. Audi phoned me up a few weeks later to tell me I got lucky with the order, although I ordered black alloys which they no longer do but thats not a problem for me.