DRL fitting

Nathan Russell

Reaction score
Website
www.albatrossandmariner.co.uk
Anyone know if you can buy the bayonet fitting for the Daytime running lights on it’s own?

A bulb has fused itself into the old fitting so it’s useless. Hoping I can just get a new fitting and wire it in!

Grey part in the photo below with the yellow and brown wire is what I need.

IMG_3209-1024x683.jpg

Yes. The newer ones more heavy duty.

Reactions: Nathan Russell
Search my build thread pal. Pretty sure there' pictures and part numbers in there.

There we go.

That's tps prices, dealers are double that just so you know.

Reactions: Nathan Russell
have you checked it is the same layout, when I did my led conversion I am pretty sure the plugs only go in one way as one of the tabs is bigger than the other two, so just a case of rotating it until it goes in, then a bit more of a turn to lock it.

Great thread, got same prob with "aftermarket" bulbs heating up the bayonet fitting and getting fused together.
Price from main dealer was surprisingly cheap at 12Euros each.

My problem isn’t the bulb in the fitting. It’s the fitting into the actual light. The photo is the em tuning leds but the original oem Audi fitting is exactly the same. Hard to see, but all three tabs on the bulb fitting line up with the headlight perfectly. But the only way to get any tab in is at an angle meaning the bulb is on the ****.

jCfiPVp.jpg

Tried so many times to get it in but it isn’t happening. The other side fits straight away. It is lose if anything.

I fitted the EM LED side light/DRL kit and it fitted fine , the drivers side was a bit awkward until I rotated the bulb fitting around 180 degrees then it went it no probs.

I fitted the EM LED side light/DRL kit and it fitted fine , the drivers side was a bit awkward until I rotated the bulb fitting around 180 degrees then it went it no probs.

Yeah this definitely isn't an EM tuning issue. the product is great. Think ill have to take the headlight out to have a proper look.