S3 stage 2 map and exhaust

magic123

Reaction score
Hey help needed please, im going to get a stage 2 map from r tech, my car currently has a cat back milltek exhaust, for stage 2 requires decat or sports cat, money is v tight but what wouldn't change the sound of the current exhaust too much? And decat doesnt matter re mots, someone has mentioned a silenced decat?

Although I have never seen one, I presume a silenced decat must have a resonator box in the pipework. I would think that there is a very low demand for this product as most having a decat do not mind the increased noise.
A sports cat will give to a bit more noise but nothing that is deafening. My son has a BCS sports cat downpipe on his TTS and you can certainly here him coming. The only sports cat system with a resonator is made by APR. I have one of these and it sounds very similar to stock.

Reactions: ch1z64 and S3Alex
my milltek resonated TBE has a nice note, but it is as loud as the stock exhaust which is not loud at all.
some people cant even tell the car is modified

I have a Milltek resonated TBE as well and it is reasonably quiet on part throttle, almost OEM volume, but a much deeper note. On full throttle it's a lot louder than oem inside the car and very loud outside. Plus no drone on the motorway.

What do you mean by decat doesn't matter re MOTs?

Reactions: fernando young
Although I have never seen one, I presume a silenced decat must have a resonator box in the pipework. I would think that there is a very low demand for this product as most having a decat do not mind the increased noise.
A sports cat will give to a bit more noise but nothing that is deafening. My son has a BCS sports cat downpipe on his TTS and you can certainly here him coming. The only sports cat system with a resonator is made by APR. I have one of these and it sounds very similar to stock.

Now i am a little worried about my plans for a BCS downpipe and Cat, i really don't want a lot of noise or "oh look he has a hole in his exhaust" comments...

Now i am a little worried about my plans for a BCS downpipe and Cat, i really don't want a lot of noise or "oh look he has a hole in his exhaust" comments...

You’ll be fine @paddy - my full BCS is no louder than stock. My wife has never commented on the noise and she’s a pretty good gauge for some of the things I do...

Reactions: HHS3, fernando young and paddy

It is not that bad!! I think it sounds really good. Nice and quiet unless you put your foot down. More noisy on the outside than inside. Certainly not like a Corsa and it goes well with the car. Not a problem in my view

Reactions: HHS3 and paddy