Whens the new RS3 coming out ?

Wish

Reaction score
When is the new RS3 Coming to the UK market ?
And what will it be ? Is there any idea of price yet ?

Called my local Audi dealer but they are being little help !

No defo date yet, 2005 is being bantered about. Potential S3 in late 2004, but nothing set in stone or confirmed by Audi.

Reckon 27K for a new S3 and 33k for the RS3, but who knows.

The RS4 boys went on a factory tour last week and they were told there are no plans for a RS3

Dunc

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Audi have the best poker-face in the business. When did you ever see a spy shot of an Audi going round the 'ring? Only 1 unofficial picture of the A3 came out to my knowledge.

There will be a high performance A3 derivative, but they're just not telling yet. They want to sell a few 3.2 quattros first.

Dan

RS versions so far have been tuned engines on what was already there ie Rs6 tuned 4.2, RS4 tuned 2.7t
Cannot see any way that will see a stand alone 2.7 or V8 in the A3. It would mean reworking the entire structure - Rs cars are for niche image marketing.

My personal bet will be on the 5 door A3 getting the RS treatment but not for a good few years. 3.2t - 350bhp

An S3 3 door could as a way to shift the 3.2. Would not cost them much to add a few sporty bits and make it into a better seller than it will be in its current form.

Autocar have listed for quite a while in the "whats coming" section a S3 for 2004

Yawn. Wake me when these is more to go on than "some bloke down the pub said".

Dan could not be more right. Audi is notorious for not even hinting at anything until it is certain to appear. And then they won't give a launch date until a couple of months before. We could be told tomorrow, or it could be another 2 years.

Only select groups of people in Audi probably know; they have signed contracts which mean their balls would be removed and fed to them if they leaked anything; and even if the techies come up with a viable car, the Board may not agree.

So, how long is a piece of string?

I'd pay over 30k for an RS3 if it had 350bhp+ and a chasis that could take the power and handle better than my S3.

Basically, I'd buy an RS3 if it was around S4 money but with a sub-5 0-60 time.

Dan

guys,
was in the Essen Motorshow last friday and was talking with a bloke from Quattro Gmbh. He told me (like was told before) that there was not going to be an RS3 but there will be an S3 in 2005 (when also the new RS4 will be out).
The only thing he told me about the engine in the new S3 was that it will be the 3.2 6 cyl. with turbo.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Makes sense then to have a 3.2turbo, that way the VAG can utilise around their ranges. But no RS3...sniff sniff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

I went to the stealers at weekend to testdrive a tt 3.2 and a 2.0Tdi sport. The sales guy said there will be an RS3 out in 2005, but im not sure he knew what he was on about to be honest, appologies if I'm going off on 1, not read the whole thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif