Sat nav info

CornishRattler

Reaction score
so I was looking at getting the sat nav up and running on my 8v which is sat nav ready but not enabled. I know there are loads of threads that have been done to death no doubt but I have the maps sd card and the activation sd card (both new Audi ones)
Would I need anything else like still a visit to the stealers to get it working.
Thanks in advance

so I was looking at getting the sat nav up and running on my 8v which is sat nav ready but not enabled. I know there are loads of threads that have been done to death no doubt but I have the maps sd card and the activation sd card (both new Audi ones)
Would I need anything else like still a visit to the stealers to get it working.
Thanks in advance

I think you still need to go to the dealers as they have to link up to the computer to verify

When you say the are 'new' Audi ones were they bought for your 8v and if so then try them to see if they work.

Alternatively, if they are from a newer but different car or eBay then I think you will have a problem. When I tried my daughters A1 2017 cards in my enabled and working sat nav, A3 2015 car they would not work, so in my opinion the cards have to be linked to the car by Audi which is normal for when you buy them.

You will need to visit an Audi Main Dealer or authorised VW Group 3rd party services provider, such as myself, in order to have both your Navigation feature and Navigation Data activated online.

Ok cheers, obviously this is where they grab some more money from you lol
Yer lol Normally they will want an hours labour to perform the activations. If you can get to London, Leicester, Manchester or Plymouth then I can perform the activation for less.

Yer lol Normally they will want an hours labour to perform the activations. If you can get to London, Leicester, Manchester or Plymouth then I can perform the activation for less.
I live in S Wales but my family are in Cornwall so Plymouth sounds good, whereabouts are you down there?