ex rental vehicle not declared by dealer

Graham555

Reaction score
Hi,

Interesting article on Automotive Management web site where a Peugeot dealer was fined £5000 for not declaring that a car was previously a rental car when it was sold as a one owner car. This got me thinking as Audi dealers often have cars from Sixth rental, so I wonder how many customers are told of their past history! And what about demo, ex management and service loan cars. Do these need to be declared as well in the future?

Hi,

Interesting article on Automotive Management web site where a Peugeot dealer was fined £5000 for not declaring that a car was previously a rental car when it was sold as a one owner car. This got me thinking as Audi dealers often have cars from Sixth rental, so I wonder how many customers are told of their past history! And what about demo, ex management and service loan cars. Do these need to be declared as well in the future?

I think in the uk there are a lot of ex Audi Vw Cars that have been ex rental. F*12*** A3 Sports a few years ago. Now G* 63 /14/64 / 15 etc.. have seen a few K * . I am always very wary of ex short term hire but if the price is good and with warranty why not? Beware ex Jersey cars as they get a new GB registration and may actually be last years model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk