Audi RS4 B8 or SQ5?

slidingaround

Reaction score
Im looking at the Audi RS4 Avant or an Audi SQ5. I have anywhere between 25k-32k to spend and am torn between the two.
Any pros or cons from owners of either and anything to look out for?

Thanks in advance.

B8 S4 with a map and keep the change :playful:

Depends where you live and how much you drive, SQ5 for long distance commuting or RS4 for short around town fun and weekend blasts, practicality is similar, RS4 definitely feels more special after all it is an RS model so that's what I'd go with.

Would be happy with either though if anyone wants to get me a late Christmas present :icon thumright:

Reactions: Tj 0785
At the moment my commute is 10 minutes down the road so an RS4 seems ok at the moment but i may be looking to work further away in the next year or so, so the SQ5 seems easier on the wallet as far as fuel costs go.

Both cars look great, my preference would be the RS4 but its the running costs that put me off slightly, fine if I'm working local. The other thing that puts me of is i have heard there can be very costly suspension issues with the RS4.
Does this seem to be an inherent problem?

I dont suppose there is anywhere online or here where you can see what comes as standard on the RS4 B8 and what the extras were and what cost?

The end is nigh for the V8...

I’d do the RS4 for now and switch at a later date to something more frugal.

I guess its hard to say what resell value would be like in a year or two especially as the B9 is now available. Im wondering the fact as it is the last of the V8 whether it's likely to hold its value a bit more.