Top mounts

S38pkyle-ing

Reaction score
Just had some new eibach springs delivered! Woooooo
Ordering my bilstein by 8’s this Wednesday which is exiting too.

My question is should I replace the top mounts with OE S3 ones or OE RS3 ones?

Anyone got part numbers/prices/advice on using the RS3 or S3 OE ones?

Thanks guys

Either or will perfectly suffice, I went for S3 one's myself as well as new bearings for the front which are also worth replacing.

RS3 mounts are supposed to be cheaper + as above, make sure you get new bearings.

So I just used the parts request system to ask about ‘alternative’ top mounts and got the reply - “I can’t advise on parts that are not for your model” - seriously!! What’s the point then ...
It’s more of a “I know what i want just don’t know the exact OE spec or part nUmber to find them” ....I used It before and I got myself a set of rs3 top mounts secured at a reasonable price

So I just used the parts request system to ask about ‘alternative’ top mounts and got the reply - “I can’t advise on parts that are not for your model” - seriously!! What’s the point then ...
I don’t see any issue with that at all. If you had a part no. Or registration of a vehicle with the parts you want then they could supply. They just looking after your interests. Also remember it’s a parts department and they are very good at what they do and offer a good service to our members. They cross reference parts against vin no and registration, so they doing there job properly and looking after you.

Reactions: mechanic69
I don’t see any issue with that at all. If you had a part no. Or registration of a vehicle with the parts you want then they could supply. They just looking after your interests. Also remember it’s a parts department and they are very good at what they do and offer a good service to our members. They cross reference parts against vin no and registration, so they doing there job properly and looking after you.
Thanks - I was obviously asking for far too much. Lesson learnt.

Hi, @downtothebone

As @Sandra (Thankyou) says i can only advise on the correct parts for your,its not my part to say weather parts from other models fit.

If you are looking for 8P RS3 front suspension parts the bearing is 1K0412249B and the top mount is 8J0412331.

Thanks